Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 9-3-16

Add topic

Twelve Conference USA teams will be in action on opening weekend, with games being televised by seven different entities, as the league begins its 21st football season.  

A trio of games are scheduled for opening night, Thursday, Sept. 1, including the first league game of 2016.  Rice will travel to defending league champion WKU in a C-USA battle. Just up the road, Charlotte visits No. 19 Louisville and FIU welcomes Big Ten foe Indiana to Miami.

Eight matchups are scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 3, including a pair of road contests at SEC schools. Louisiana Tech will visit Arkansas and Southern Miss will be at Kentucky later that night.

Six league schools will open at home Saturday. North Texas will host Metroplex rival SMU in the first ASN game of 2016 and beIN SPORTS televises its first C-USA game when UTEP welcomes I-10 rival New Mexico State. Also playing at home are Florida Atlantic, Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee and UTSA.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1

Charlotte at (19) Louisville (ACC RSN)  7 p.m.

Indiana at FIU (ESPN U)  7:30 p.m.

Rice at WKU (CBSSN) 8 p.m.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3

Louisiana Tech at Arkansas (SEC Network) 4 p.m.

Southern Ill. at Florida Atlantic (CUSA TV) 6 p.m.

Hampton at Old Dominion (CUSA TV) 6 p.m.

Alabama A&M at Middle Tenn. (CUSA TV) 7 p.m.

SMU at North Texas (ASN) 7 p.m.

Alabama State at UTSA (KMYS) 7 p.m.

Southern Miss at Kentucky (ESPN U) 7:30 p.m.

New Mexico State at UTEP (beIN SPORTS) 8 p.m.

Back to the top

Here's the complete TV schedule for 2016 week one:

Back to the top

Back to the top

That's awesome. Looks like a season long hard knock series.

I beleive FSU is doing the same this year. ND did it last year.
Back to the top

Not one to count my chickens before they hatch, but Charlotte's offensive line looks like a weakness for their team.

Granted it is Louisville, but we ought to be able to emulate pressure with some success.
Back to the top

Indy 12 , FIU 10 at the half. Playing the Big tough! Even better, Appy St. 13, Tenn 3 at the half!
Back to the top

Charlotte down 0-56 at the half! AWFUL!!!!
Back to the top

WKU playing Pass Happy Football and Rice is just letting them.
Back to the top

Attendance looks pathetic for FIU at home against Indiana. If you can't get fans in the stadium for the first game of the year against a Big 10 team then you don't deserve a Football program.  

I would say the same if it was us.
Back to the top

Rice looks about as bad as Charlotte
Back to the top
Control functions: