Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Anyone attending the game vs UM?

Looks like I may get roped into going (UM fans drive me nuts)  - how's the attendance looking?

Great chance to check out the stadium renovation…
Back to the top

Let you know after game 1!
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Looks like I may get roped into going (UM fans drive me nuts)  - how's the attendance looking?

Great chance to check out the stadium renovation…
Posted On: Sep 1st 2016, 9:53 PM #358203
As an FSU fan as well there are no worse fans than um fans, the actual grads are great it's the wanna be's that SUCK.

Half the reason I'm going is to see the stadium at a reasonable price, front row club $40 corner end zone so I don't think it could be too crowded.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Can't make it; have a family obligation.

I attended the last game vs Miami in Miami.

It was a pretty bad experience because we stupidly ended up buying scalped tickets in the nosebleeds, the game felt a million miles away and we were nearby some pretty obnoxious UM fans.

That said, I would like to see the renovated stadium at some point in the near future.
Back to the top

I gave my sec.120 tickets to my son. I bought two more upstairs sec,119 first row because my daughter wants to go. Like Dusky said, the non-grad UM fans are not the classiest of people. I felt first row would eliminate some of the comment myself and my daughter will receive. Thirty years ago , I enjoyed the risk of altercation at the games. Now ....not so much.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I gave my sec.120 tickets to my son. I bought two more upstairs sec,119 first row because my daughter wants to go. Like Dusky said, the non-grad UM fans are not the classiest of people. I felt first row would eliminate some of the comment myself and my daughter will receive. Thirty years ago , I enjoyed the risk of altercation at the games. Now ….not so much.
Posted On: Sep 3rd 2016, 5:58 AM #358254

UM is essentially the semi pro team down there. Most of their fans enjoyed "The U" era and have become even more classless since the program had been tanking.
Back to the top

I will be attending with my family a group of 8. Section 134. I'm a graduate of both schools and I root for both, except this game that I'm FAU all the way. But you guys are right, the non-graduate UM fans are not the most classiest respectful folks around. I'm looking forward to seeing the stadium and a competitive game by the Owls! It all starts today. Go Owls!!! 
Back to the top

I'm still seeing tickets for $6 on StubHub.

Does anyone know what parking costs?  If seats are going for $6 I'm guessing it'll be easy to move down.
Back to the top

Thought about going, but I really don't want to drive to Joe Robbie and put up with Canes fans.  Right now a steak on the Grill,  Saltwater Brewery Locale Ale, ESPN 3 on the couch, is sounding better and better.

Hope I can sync up the video with Ken Lavicka's radio call on ESPN 106.3
Back to the top

Matt C said

Thought about going, but I really don't want to drive to Joe Robbie and put up with Canes fans.  Right now a steak on the Grill,  Saltwater Brewery Locale Ale, ESPN 3 on the couch, is sounding better and better.

Hope I can sync up the video with Ken Lavicka's radio call on ESPN 106.3
Posted On: Sep 5th 2016, 5:57 PM #358441

Totally get it, all the comments above.

And…I'll still be there, so Blue Jeep Wrangler with the TV hanging off the roll bars…stop on by!
Back to the top
Control functions: