Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: FAU @ Miami 9/10/16

Last week I went with FAU over SIU 38-24. The end result was 38-30. I am once again going to put my prediction abilities to the task. Here goes.

Miami rolled with 70 points against FCS FAMU. FAU gave up 500+ yards and 30 points to FCS SIU. However, SIU is a much better team than FAMU. Without completely discounting what happened last week, I think the FAU/Miami contest will be more emotional for both teams and it should prove to be a fairly close game as well. However, if FAU continues to struggle on defense, this could be a three touchdown win for the Canes.

Both teams will score, but the final outcome will result from Miami having a better defense than FAU.

Fearless Prediction: Miami 42 FAU 27

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

You bring up good points, but I refuse to believe that we're giving up 6 TD to the Canes. I think Brad Kaaya picks our secondary apart with no more than 3 TDs and 200+ passing yards, and 1 score by their RB. Miami wins 34-24.

Back to the top

Miami 49 FAU 13
Back to the top

Not a beat down like the FAMU game, but not "close" in the end either. Unfortunately for the Owls, Miami got a huge upgrade in Richt and as a result is a much-improved team from an execution standpoint.

Miami 44  FAU 20
Back to the top

Rick said

Not a beat down like the FAMU game, but not "close" in the end either. Unfortunately for the Owls, Miami got a huge upgrade in Richt and as a result is a much-improved team from an execution standpoint.

Miami 44  FAU 20

Posted On: Sep 8th 2016, 2:33 PM #358700

I am hoping for a perfect game, but reality is that this will probably be the final score.  A halftime scare will be a good accomplishment.  We haven't risen as much as some have hoped yet and Miami hasn't fallen as low as we hope either.

Back to the top

45-17 Miami

I think it'll be tough going for the Owls. We (Miami) are a much different team than last year. I'm sure you'd all say the same about your team though. I don't think people realize how bad of a coach Golden was, and just how big of an upgrade Richt and his staff are.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

Rick said

Miami 44  FAU 20

Posted On: Sep 8th 2016, 2:33 PM #358700

I am hoping for a perfect game, but reality is that this will probably be the final score.  A halftime scare will be a good accomplishment.  We haven't risen as much as some have hoped yet and Miami hasn't fallen as low as we hope either.

Posted On: Sep 8th 2016, 3:17 PM #358701

Thanks, Pelini.
Back to the top

Miami 38 FAU 17
Back to the top

I agree with the Miami fan Mike21. Mark was a huge get for Miami . It will take him a couple of year to get the thug out of the team. The fans…….can't help them.  UM  40- FAU 20
Back to the top

All of the pressure is on UM.  A loss would be a huge set back, especially having to face another hungry non-conference underdog in a week.  I dismiss FAU's 1st half play last week, it was the first time we had real contact and played at game speed.  A lot like starting a high performance motor.  You let it idle and bring it up to speed slowly.  For me, the real game plan began in the 3rd qtr.  with a high tempo 14 play touchdown drive, a 12 play touchdown drive and the defense with a 3 and out  then a  6 play 2nd drive that fizzled out on the S.Ill 43.  The Salukis only had the ball in the red zone once in the second half.

Here are the keys to what will be the Signature Win of the FAU football program.
Offense:  Ball control.  Let Buddy H.  be the work horse.  Clock eating, up tempo drives with a  mix off pass and run, misdirection, a few deep shots to keep the safeties from cheating.  Take advantage of a couple of key match ups.  Watch the big play from Driskel if the Canes go in to man coverage.  Keep an eye on Tyler Cameron.   Can't turn the ball over and must minimize penalties.  BE PATIENT!!

Defense:  Pass rush.  Kaaya becomes very ordinary under pressure.  He will get his share of completions, and Yards After Catch is going to be crucial.  We mush own the perimeter.  The bubble screen hurt us early this week.  Watch the adjustments which could turn this in to a big play for us.   Playing the run, we have to keep prevent the RB's from getting outside the tackles.  Linebackers will have to read and react quick.  No cheating.

Special teams, Kickoffs between the numbers and the sidelines.  Have to pin return man in to the corner and nail him.  Field goals are going to be critical.  Dolphins stadium is the most kicker friendly park in the USA. Wind won't be a factor.   Our punter is a weapon.  No need to risk 4th downs when we can pin the pin the Canes back or gain field position.

All that said you could justify a variety of outcomes, but I think the Owls will take care of last years unfinished business and send Miami back to the unranks with a 34-27 victory.

Good Luck Team!!
Back to the top
Control functions: