Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Kansas State Game Thread - September 17, 2016

Add topic

The Matchup: FAU (1-1) vs. Kansas State (0-1)

When: Saturday, September 17th, 2:30 PM

Where: Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions in Manhattan, KS

The Series: Kansas State leads 1-0, winning the lone meeting 45-0 in 2006.

Wildcats Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: FSN

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: KSU -18.5

Back to the top

Kansas State Week 3

The Owls can't look ahead to Kansas St. but we can.  Here are links to thier week 1

Back to the top

With all do respect, NO ONE is looking at Kansas State this week.  The coaches, the players, the fans, NO ONE!
Back to the top

Nope! Will watch this MONDAY!
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

With all do respect, NO ONE is looking at Kansas State this week.  The coaches, the players, the fans, NO ONE!
Posted On: Sep 7th 2016, 3:36 PM #358666

Are you kidding?

WE WANT BAMA AND WE WANT THEM NOW!!!!
Back to the top

Just got my tickets for the K-State game! Not looking forward to the drive from Colorado though!
Back to the top

Sandsy said

Just got my tickets for the K-State game! Not looking forward to the drive from Colorado though!
Posted On: Sep 11th 2016, 3:46 AM #358989

Glad you are going though, Owls need all the support they can get. Be safe!
Back to the top

No line out yet but Oddshark is predicting 26-17 victory for the… 

OWLS! 
Back to the top

Rick said

OWLS! 
Posted On: Sep 11th 2016, 2:25 PM #359026

If we have an offensive line.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Rick said

OWLS!
Posted On: Sep 11th 2016, 2:25 PM #359026
Interesting. 26.4 FAU to 17 Kansas State

I guess the question becomes: if the strength of Kansas St is their O, can we outscore them?

Is the O their strength? Is that a historical observation (I don't follow K State at all)…? Because they've only played one game thus far this season and it was against #8 Stanford (they lost 26-13).

Versus Stanford, K State put up 335 yards as 243 passing (19 completed:41 attempts, with 2 interceptions), 92 rushing (2.9 yards per rush).

And that was against the #8 team. We just played the #24 team and put up 214 yards total.

They gave up 26 points to the #8. We gave up 38 to the #24, and 68 total in the last two games.

Driskel's stats are not bad considering his relative lack of experience… 61% completion (50% vs Miami), 2 TDs, 1 int. His completion rate would be better if our WRs caught some great balls to them. We would have probably 2 more TDs in each game if our WRs had caught everything thrown directly to them. That would mean the final score would have been 52-30 FAU over SIU, 38-24 Miami over FAU.

on the other hand, our D is clearly a problem too. Gave up 68 points over 2 games including 30 to SIU. We have sacks and blocked kicks and interceptions, which is all great, but at the end of the day we're giving up way too many points overall.

- Protecting the passer
- Catching the ball
- Tackling

I imagine those are all the focus this week.
Back to the top
Control functions: