Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU @ Kansas State 09/17/2016

The weekend will be here shortly and with that comes Week Three of College Football. FAU comes off a loss against Miami and Kansas State comes off a by week after losing to Stanford in the season opener. I see lots of people on this board thinking FAU has a legit chance to upset KState. While that would be nice, I see things through the lens of realism. KState played a solid game against a legit top 10 Stanford team. Neither team put up big yards, but KState did fair better through the air. Since losing, KState has had two weeks to prepare for FAU. The Owls come off a loss to Miami that was preceded by a close win against FCS SIU. The Owls are desperately looking for a signature win and they should have the talent to match up well. However, three things will be the difference in this one. 1) Home game for KState. Manhattan will be loud as the fans have had to wait since Nov, 28 of 2015 to see their team play at home (fortunately for the Owls this isn't a night game). 2) Bill Snyder. He has been around and he can flat out coach. 3) The two weeks of preparation for facing FAU. KState will be solid on defense and the offense will look to get into a rythm. FAU will hang around early, but I give KState the edge.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Kansas State 37 FAU 20

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

KSU  38  FAU  14.  We a facing another very good team. They were solid vs Sanford. We will be fielding our third O-line in three games. That is a problem.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

They were solid vs Sanford.
Posted On: Sep 15th 2016, 5:43 AM #359157

Yeah, the Junkyard Dog is going to be hard to stop!

Back to the top

I think we're in for a long day. The o-line has been trouble and our run defense is very concerning. We head into the Ball St. game in must-win mode. 42-17 K-State. I'm just glad this the last year of more than one "guarantee game" in a season. Hopefully after 2020 we won't see anymore of these games.
Back to the top

I see it a little differently.  UM, one of the most potent offenses in the country needed two late TD's to beat the spread and run it up a bit in what was to that point a close game.

I look for for a big passing game from Driskel, who has grown exponentially since last year.  We are so deep at  skill positions,   Look for big kick returns from White.  When the passing game softens up their D look for the O to pound them with Buddy H.  Last week we did a short pass to Howell. Look for more of that.  I expect to see some deep balls to our receivers.  

Watch for more roll out passes, throw backs, options and some misdirection.  Move the chains and keep their D on the field.  

On the D side, look for some stunts and blitz packages to free up Trey H and put heat on the QB.  Linebacker play is so much better, and we'll have to improve on the perimeter.  And how about CB Shelton Lewis, looking more like our next shut down corner

I like the Owls

Score is a wild guess –24-20 and I look forward to seeing a 2-1 FAU team playing Ball State at home.

Back to the top

Please note the time . Walking the dogs without coffee stimulation. This is the big one. I'm comin to see you Elizabeth.
Back to the top

This contest is interesting if we show up and play a relatively penalty free game with noted improvement regarding cohesion on the o-line.

But I do not think that will happen in entirety - yet.

FAU 17  KSU 33
Back to the top

O line will be a major issue again. I think there will be a major hangover from last week. I just don't see this game being close  45-10 Kansas State.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

O line will be a major issue again. I think there will be a major hangover from last week. I just don't see this game being close  45-10 Kansas State.
Posted On: Sep 16th 2016, 1:11 PM #359192

I agree. I also think K-State is a better team than Miami.
Back to the top
Control functions: