Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

On to Ball State - who's going, who's tailgating, who's going to win?

Ball State currently seems to be a 3 1/2 point favorite over FAU at home.

The big boys are out of the way - time to refocus on the upcoming conference games after this week's Mid American team.

Ready for the next home game?!
Back to the top

Wow  rough  crowd! 
Back to the top

I know, right?!

I get it, but man…there's still college football to be played here in South Florida.
Back to the top

If there's one thing I do better than this team plays football it's smoke brisket and drink beer…count me in!

If we aren't 2-2 on Sunday morning, I expect to do a lot more drinking and a lot less going in to the games. 
Back to the top

I'll be there.  Sec 127 10 rows up at midfield.    Hope to get there early for tailgating.  Going to be a fun day.  I expect to leave 2-2.
Back to the top

I will be there, like every other home game for 15 years…yes I am a masochist but I still Love my Owls.

Just for the record I have not given up on this team for the year, Saturday will show us where we stand not a game against Miami or K State.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'll be there. No tailgating tho. I think I'm gonna show up 20 min before kickoff.
Back to the top

I will be there just as I have been the past 15 years.  I won't tailgate at the stadium. I have to work up until almost game time.

For me this is one of the most important games in the past several years, not because of the opponent, but because we are at a critical stage (already) in the season and we MUST begin to win winnable games at home. 

Before I move to the next subject, let me say that I think the marketing of the program has been 1000 times better these past few years. Creating that FAU Football program on Fox is an amazing feat that I hope everyone appreciates. 

As far as marketing the program this week (and this is about perception more than reality), I am hoping we shift the focus more for perception sake as we enter this critical game. 

I would like to see more campaigns on twitter and facebook about how hard we are working in practice this week.  As a diehard fan, this is not the week to market and tweet about how good our uniforms look and how pretty our helmets are. I don't give 2 craps about the uniforms this week or what helmet we are wearing.  I want to know everyone has their head in the preparation.  

Let's Go Owls!!!
Back to the top

fauowl said

I will be there just as I have been the past 15 years.  I won't tailgate at the stadium. I have to work up until almost game time.

For me this is one of the most important games in the past several years, not because of the opponent, but because we are at a critical stage (already) in the season and we MUST begin to win winnable games at home. 

Before I move to the next subject, let me say that I think the marketing of the program has been 1000 times better these past few years. Creating that FAU Football program on Fox is an amazing feat that I hope everyone appreciates. 

As far as marketing the program this week (and this is about perception more than reality), I am hoping we shift the focus more for perception sake as we enter this critical game. 

I would like to see more campaigns on twitter and facebook about how hard we are working in practice this week.  As a diehard fan, this is not the week to market and tweet about how good our uniforms look and how pretty our helmets are. I don't give 2 craps about the uniforms this week or what helmet we are wearing.  I want to know everyone has their head in the preparation.  

Let's Go Owls!!!
Posted On: Sep 20th 2016, 7:38 AM #359499

Agreed 100 percent

I will further say these next three games have to all be wins
take care of business in three games 2 of which are at home 1 is against a 1st year head coach and the other two are against the two worst teams in the conference.
That makes you 4-2 going into the last 6 games then find a way to scrap 2-3 wins together in those final 6 and boom a I guess you can call the season an improvement and we will return something like 18 starters next year plus getting back Bain and Ellis.    
Back to the top

Let me just say, from business experience and understanding social media…we could pay an outside firm about $2k per month to handle ALL of our twitter and facebook marketing.  

If this is how we are measuring our entire marketing department we are in trouble.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: