Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Kansas State Game Thread - September 17, 2016

Add topic

If ya can execute the trick plays you really throw the opponents D plan out the window. Think what Boise St. does all the time.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

If ya can execute the trick plays you really throw the opponents D plan out the window. Think what Boise St. does all the time.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2016, 8:29 PM #359477

So… We should paint the turf red/blue for every home game? 😁
Back to the top

Rick said

Ah yes, relive the magic…queue to 1:00 mark for the joy:
I'm glad FAU had enough for 5 seconds of highlites in that video.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Sep 19th 2016, 8:29 PM #359477

So… We should paint the turf red/blue for every home game? 😁
Posted On: Sep 19th 2016, 9:20 PM #359485

Personally, if it would help us win - yes. Boise (Blue) and Eastern Washington (Red) do pretty darn well don't they!

But trick plays are ONLY GOOD IF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO PULL THEM OFF! Why don't we seem to have the caliber of players who can do what kids do on a dang playground!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

But trick plays are ONLY GOOD IF YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO PULL THEM OFF! Why don't we seem to have the caliber of players who can do what kids do on a dang playground!
Posted On: Sep 20th 2016, 4:06 PM #359531

Nah, we can.

People on here ding the trick plays that Wright liked but they have worked… think about the "fall down" touchdown when Miami played in Boca. I also remember a fake punt and pass to Stoshak that revived a stalled drive.

Does it always work? Of course not.

But I remember commentators speaking positively about our trick plays last year, saying you didn't know what we'd throw at you. That's the kind of thing I want opposing DCs to think about us so they never feel 100% confident about what we're going to throw at them.

Back to the top

voss749 said

Rick said

Toledo is 3-0 and beat Fresno State 52-17 today. They are averaging 42 ppg.

Guess they haven't figured out that Brian Wright is a lousy offensive coordinator yet.
Posted On: Sep 17th 2016, 8:53 PM #359399

:Laughing:

Just remember though hes at a MAC school beating teams from the sun belt. mountain west and fcs.

Lets see how his offense does against byu next week.

Posted On: Sep 17th 2016, 9:32 PM #359403

They scored 53 points, that's how they did.

Back to the top

Brian Wright is the OC at Toledo but he doesn't even call the plays.

The head coach does….. 
Back to the top
Control functions: