Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Come to the Burrow Wednesday

Anyone coming to the Burrow on Wednesday?  I am interested in hearing what the coach has to say, and how the K state game will impact how we play at home this Saturday.  I for one would like to see the offense mix it up a little.  I think we are too predictable.  Get your questions over to Ken Lavicka who hosts the show.  He doesn't just serve up softball questions.  You will get a straight answer.

I like Coach Partridge.  I like what I see in the high school kids that come in here as freshman and leave as respectable young men with a degree and a future.  It's not enough just to be a great player.  Thanks for that Coach.  I know the way this staff builds young men will result in more W's

Come out and show a little support.
Back to the top

What time does it start?
Back to the top

6 pm.
Back to the top

Matt C said

Get your questions over to Ken Lavicka who hosts the show.  He doesn't just serve up softball questions.  You will get a straight answer.

You may remember but Ken used to solicit for questions on here. We were too negative and too critical so Ken would say, "Guys, come on, I can't ask this." He hasn't been back here to solicit in awhile.

And I get it. He's on planes, buses and hotels with these people.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Matt C said

Get your questions over to Ken Lavicka who hosts the show.  He doesn't just serve up softball questions.  You will get a straight answer.
You may remember but Ken used to solicit for questions on here. We were too negative and too critical so Ken would say, "Guys, come on, I can't ask this." He hasn't been back here to solicit in awhile.

And I get it. He's on planes, buses and hotels with these people.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2016, 9:01 PM #359543
"And I get it. He's on planes, buses and hotels with these people."

Not for much longer if they cant start to answer the tough questions.  Ken will have a whole new set of coaches to sit with an throw softball questions to that nobody is interested in the answer to.

I understand your point, but this is a high level of sports/competition where coaches and administrators make a ton of $$$ to win.  Aside from personal attacks, they should have no problem responding to any question that is too critical.  You dont want critical and negative questions...win.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'm with you Walty12 !!!
Back to the top

A Coaches radio show is not a media event, it is a contractual event. 

Welcome to college football (it's been like this since the beginning of time for all schools in America).

There is not a coaches show in America where you are going to get all the questions answered you think you should get answered.  That's not what a coaches show is about. 

Back to the top

fauowl said

A Coaches radio show is not a media event, it is a contractual event. 

Welcome to college football (it's been like this since the beginning of time for all schools in America).

There is not a coaches show in America where you are going to get all the questions answered you think you should get answered.  That's not what a coaches show is about. 

Posted On: Sep 21st 2016, 9:26 PM #359592
I've actually never listened to the coach's show.  College football has changed over time, especially the last 10 years.  Coaches and administrators pay are some of the highest of state employees, sometimes the highest.  

With programs such as ours relying on high student fees and donor dollars to sustain the program and pay the HC a hefty salary, I take issue with not addressing the tough questions.  Just my opinion, dont take a $500k+/year job and not expect to be accountable and relatively transparent to the people paying you.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

+1 Walty

This was just the best…

Q: How much of the offensive line shuffling is the issue of the offense?

"With all due respect, to even respond to that is kinda going against what we preach around here."

:Ninja:  :Ninja:  :Ninja:
Back to the top

Walty +2

Agree as well, I would like to support the team coaches by showing up and/or watching but it's a total waste of time.  It's all coach speak with no real information or answers.  How dare you ask someone paid > 500k with student and fan money a real question!

These guys should go into politics.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: