Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ball State @ FAU Game Thread - September 17th, 2016

Add topic

Rick said

Rick said

Best case:

7-5

Worst case:

4-8

But we better go at least 6-6 or expect wholesale changes across the board.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Posted On: Aug 5th 2016, 11:15 AM #357524

Unfortunately, we are heading for worst case.

Most SBC play will be much harder than what we faced tonight, with a scrambling QB being the main distraction.

Anyone want to take a stab at the make-up win we now need?

I see FIU, UNCC, Rice, and UTEP giving us POSSIBLY five wins.

We'll need another for a Bowl nod - with favor after tonight's loss to BSU and the narrow defeat of SIU.
Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 12:00 AM #359743

We didn't even face a "scrambling QB" and the kid lit us up with his legs.  We didn't get a hand on thier QB until he was 10-15 yards down the field all night.

The defense looks timid and is not playing aggressive.  Its a bad scene.

At this point, the ONLY reason we MIGHT win 4 games is because FIU, Charlotte and UTEP are horrendous.  If we had decent teams to play all 12 games…we couldnt win a game.  That is a problem.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

USMCOWL said

If you guys think AD Chun and President Kelly are firing Charlie Partridge right now you guys are delusional. It would look like a dumpster fire if they did it. If there is no improvement by say WKU then yes, I see Charlie going, but as now its not going to happen.
Posted On: Sep 24th 2016, 11:57 PM #359742

Chun is part of the problem not the solution. And it is a dumpster fire. Let's call it what it is 
Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 12:04 AM #359746

+1000.  It starts at the top and this guy is no bueno.

Back to the top

Im so furious I am signing off for a week.  Good luck to the team @FIU.  I hope we dont play like a bunch of _______ next Saturday like we did tonight.

Charlie and Coach Roc should be and better be embarassed.  I know I am.

Good for Driskell for proving me wrong, he played well tonight and deserved the win.

Back to the top

voss749 said

1) Brian Wright as head coach-shoulda woulda coulda. However I would keep his number in our rolodex. If he does a great job in Toledo he might be back as head ccach. At that point it would probably mean Pat Chun would be out as AD.

2) Tricketts offense- Its not that bad, we just have to stop the fumbles

3) Rocs defense- Sloppy sloppy sloppy

Is the season over?
No fortunately we have FIU next and then charlotte at home. If by October 9th we are 3-3 and 2-0 in CUSA
then I can see a path to a bowl season.

"You are a moron Voss!" No I just understand that you only need 6 wins to go to a bowl game

List of winnable games

Rice (0-4)
UTEP (1-3)
Old Dominion (2-2)

We are just lucky that we have a bunch of stinky teams on our schedule.

Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 12:05 AM #359747

You do realize we finished 6-6 3 years ago with 4 wins over "stinky" teams and didn't go to a bowl game. What makes you think going 6-6 this year is going to yield a different result?
Back to the top

You're correct, 6-6 gets us nowhere.  By the way, this coaching staff isn't winning 6 games so let's go ahead and let that go.

We needed 7 wins…we dont have the coaches to get that done.

Back to the top

cbboarder said

voss749 said

1) Brian Wright as head coach-shoulda woulda coulda. However I would keep his number in our rolodex. If he does a great job in Toledo he might be back as head ccach. At that point it would probably mean Pat Chun would be out as AD.

Is the season over?
No fortunately we have FIU next and then charlotte at home. If by October 9th we are 3-3 and 2-0 in CUSA

"You are a moron Voss!" No I just understand that you only need 6 wins to go to a bowl game

List of winnable games

Rice (0-4)
UTEP (1-3)
Old Dominion (2-2)

You do realize we finished 6-6 3 years ago with 4 wins over "stinky" teams and didn't go to a bowl game. What makes you think going 6-6 this year is going to yield a different result?
Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 12:14 AM #359765

A lot more bowl games are available for us to go to now than 3 years ago?
Back to the top

cbboarder said

voss749 said

Is the season over?

List of winnable games

Rice (0-4)
UTEP (1-3)
Old Dominion (2-2)

Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 12:14 AM #359765

There is more bowl games now. But I do not think we will get to 6-6 because this coaching staff isn't capable. Charlie is a loser and finds ways to lose games. 
Back to the top

I'm sorry but Charlie is an idiot and a horrible coach. We SHOULD have one this game and the Miami game. AGAIN I WILL SAY WHERE IS WARREN?!  This is getting old Charlie should be ashamed of himself. We did not utilize Warren and Howell as a DUO. Say all you want but firing Pelini was a HUGE MISTAKE. 
Back to the top

I am a supporter of the process, I don't think good things happen overnight and have been in the Charlie bandwagon waiting for a breakthrough… but today I'm done!

Why can't we lure somebody like this to come to coach "football in paradise"?

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3664394-ndsu-extends-head-football-coach-kliemans-contract-through-2020-season
Back to the top

Well I think it is fair to say that we all now have enough info to make educated predictions about future games. We are still a poor team.. I wonder if Mr. Kelly has any friends back in S.C. that know anything about football. The night was a total and complete cluster –ck. And not just the game. My wife has no interest in sports. As I could find no one to go with me. she says I'll make a deal.I'll go but we need to leave at 8:30 for 9:00 dinner reservations at Vic ans Angelos. Fine with me. We stand in a very long ,very slow moving stadium line. We finally get through and one of mt season tickets is scanned and shows "invalid". We are told to go to the ticket window to straighten it out. I have no idea why it was invalid. Do as told , re-stand in the same slow stadium line. Get to the seats.Delay , rain, crappy football, Perfect timing for half time. We leave at 8:15. My wife, who is an amazing business women, says it was fun, but she won't be going to any other games. She said "this place needs to get their sh– together. This was her first FAU football experience in years and FAU made it poor.Not the game. She couldn't care less about the out come. The process as a whole would have been unacceptable to almost anyone. Now I'm wondering about all the other fancy season tickets I'm holding. We are no longer a little school with a football team. We have invested MILLIONS of dollars for this thing to eventually profit. We officiallt have the wrong guys running the show. From the A.D. down. Pat id appying for other jobs and I hope he takes one soon so that MR. Kelly can bring in "his" guy. I'm over FAU football for now. Can't wait for BASEBALL. Remember, there are always plenty of good seats . And we win.
Back to the top
Control functions: