Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ball State @ FAU Game Thread - September 17th, 2016

Add topic

Madowl said

Say all you want but firing Pelini was a HUGE MISTAKE. 
Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 12:46 AM #359778

Yes, coaches taking drugs is always how I want my alma mater to be represented.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I want to know what they were doing while in the locker room for that last weather delay. Napping. i know its gets frustrating and you start getting fatigued because of the constant sitting around, but you have to come out and play engergized in late game situations.
Posted On: Sep 24th 2016, 11:16 PM #359730

BOTH teams have to sit thought it! We come out like we take a nap in there - DELAY=LOSS AT FAU!

AWFUL COACHING, 3 point 2nd half at HOME!!!! FG from the friggin 1! Can't move BALL STATE a yard on 4 plays!!!!

Mow we have to beat FIU, Charlotte, UTEP and ODU at home plus Rice on the eoad. No mess ups or no Bowl. cvan we do it - what do you guys think?

THIS was a VERY winnable game, Ball St. 3-9 MAC team, new HC, on the road, long weather delays, playing from behind ALL game………..
Back to the top

What I find hilarious is that we look at the "winnable" future games on our schedule against "easy" teams…you guys realize WE'RE the easy win on those schedules right?? Everyone else looks at this team in their quest for a bowl win and circles us.

And sadly, Charlie proved last night that he hasn't advanced this program at all.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Madowl said

Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 7:43 AM #359807

I assumed he meant hiring CP was a HUGE MISTAKE.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

teambeer said

What I find hilarious is that we look at the "winnable" future games on our schedule against "easy" teams…you guys realize WE'RE the easy win on those schedules right?? Everyone else looks at this team in their quest for a bowl win and circles us.

And sadly, Charlie proved last night that he hasn't advanced this program at all.
Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 8:16 AM #359809

lol I was thinking that same thing. Everyone thinks they are going to beat us. 
Back to the top

fauowl said

Madowl said

When Pelini was hired, Angelos passed over Joe Moglia who was then hired by FCS(soon to be sun-belt) Coastal Carolina.

quoting myrtle beach online "Moglia is 41-13 over four seasons at Coastal Carolina, having led the Chants to three co-Big South Conference championships, four straight FCS playoff appearances and four postseason wins during what has been the most successful period in program history. The team has also held a No. 1 national ranking in the FCS Coaches Poll for stretches each of the last two seasons."

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article50964990.html#storylink=cpy
Back to the top

fauowl said

Madowl said

Actually he wasn't the one taking drugs. He failed to report that other coaches were taking them. 
Back to the top

:Winking:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Now we have to beat FIU, Charlotte, UTEP and ODU at home plus Rice on the road. No mess-ups or no Bowl. Can we do it - what do you guys think?

No. 

We may win one of those games but not all of them. Probably FIU, because the guys "get up" for games against Florida teams.

But I think it would be impossible for anybody to look at our performance as of late and confidently say we can get 5-6 more wins.

We could also win no games for the rest of the year. The team is broken and it's not just the cut-and-paste O-line. (Actually, it's the defense I'm most worried about)

Here's the thing. We want to go to a bowl game because we haven't since 2008 and because that would validate that we're making progress. But that 2008 team LOOKED like a bowl team DURING the season. This 2016 team (just like the team the last two years) does not.
Back to the top

I'm with you Doc, there's a chance this is a 1 win team. We are really really bad at times. The defense just gets gashed play after play and I'm not blaming the players there. It reminded me of when Roc first came on and Dewitt left, Jovan had those guys flying around, playing nasty and then Roc shows up with a 400 page playbook and man did we regress. This D looks like the first season Roc was here when we all called for his head.

Just so brutal.
Back to the top
Control functions: