Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIRE CHARLIE!!!

Starting the chant early!
Back to the top

OWLNATION said

Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 5:28 PM #359849

Grow up, seriously.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

OWLNATION said

Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 5:28 PM #359849

Grow up, seriously.
Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 8:54 PM #359853

Grow up?

Why because we want a coach that's 7-21 gone?

Charlie is a bad football coach.
Back to the top

I am not in favor of a coaching change.

I am as disappointed  as anyone (if not more so -- because I have been following this program since before FAU's first game). But I think that mid-season coaching changes should be reserved for the most serious of conduct issues (such as we had several years ago). 

Please remember that each new coach needs three or four years to get his recruits into position in his system. Do we want to reset this three-four year period to zero and start again? That would push us back to 2020 or so.

Don't misunderstand. I get (and share) the frustration. Though I have seen only one game (the Kansas State disaster), I do think we have talent on this team. The question is whether it can be coordinated and directed to victory instead of yet another devastating defeat. I think it can. 

In the end, of course, my opinion does not matter. Those who sign the checks make the decisions.
Back to the top

Charlie will be coaching his ass off. If he can't get to a certain number of wins this season, it's over.

The question is does he have the juice to make staff changes and get the right replacement in time with his track record?  Not sure if that buys him more time but something that must be considered.
Back to the top

grayowl said

I am as disappointed  as anyone (if not more so -- because I have been following this program since before FAU's first game). But I think that mid-season coaching changes should be reserved for the most serious of conduct issues (such as we had several years ago). 

Please remember that each new coach needs three or four years to get his recruits into position in his system. Do we want to reset this three-four year period to zero and start again? That would push us back to 2020 or so.

Don't misunderstand. I get (and share) the frustration. Though I have seen only one game (the Kansas State disaster), I do think we have talent on this team. The question is whether it can be coordinated and directed to victory instead of yet another devastating defeat. I think it can. 

In the end, of course, my opinion does not matter. Those who sign the checks make the decisions.

Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 9:04 PM #359856

Good coachs don't need 4 years.
Look at PJ Fleck, Scott Frost, Tom Herman,
Every 1st year head coach that has beaten Charlie.
Back to the top

Charlie was a calculated risk with the potential to be a good coach, however, it has become evident from the last two HC hires, that HC experience is a must have.

FAU has decided against payday games in lieu of more home games to build a fan base. The future schedule requires winning to increase game day attendance, to replace the revenue lost from those payday games and the reduction in TV revenue. From an economic standpoint, I give him until mid-season next year before FAU decides to pull the plug. I would prefer the end of this season.
Back to the top

Looking at recent hires in key positions at Fau I wouldn't be surprise if Kelly "finds a way" to replace Charlie for next year. It's evident he is aiming for prestige and coming from Clemson he has to understand the importance of athletics (football) for that. 
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

grayowl said

Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 9:04 PM #359856

Good coachs don't need 4 years.
Look at PJ Fleck, Scott Frost, Tom Herman,
Every 1st year head coach that has beaten Charlie.
Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 9:57 PM #359872

Examples can be found to support pretty much any position. But perspective on a situation dictates that a few factors other than being a first-year coach be considered. One of these is what the first-year coach inherited. Others include, but are not limited to, the overall health of a program (finances; infrastructure; actual support from the administration, major donors, potential major donors and fan base).
Back to the top

Well Ron Turner is available, so there's an option lol.

I kid.

I don't think we'll be able to hire a coach with previous head coaching experience, unless we're hiring from DII or HS. Les Miles or Gus Malzahn wouldn't come here, and hiring another coach that was fired from a comparable program to FAU would be a bad idea.
Back to the top
Control functions: