Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlie Partridge - NCAA D1 Football Coaching Contract

As I see it, we have lost EIGHT (8) games under Charlie that we should have won!

EIGHT (8)!!!!

HOW MANY SCREW UPS DO YOU GET AT WORK BEFORE THEY SHOW YOU THE DOOR???

And don';t bother to ask me which games, we have ALL SEEN THEM OVER AND OVER, JUST LIKE SATURDAY!

Do YOUR homework and simply look at the past schedules, it is THAT simple. We SHOULD HAVE gone to a Bowl game each of his first two years but we can;'t close out a game, either on (players) or OFF (Coaches) the field!

We will have NO FAN BASE IN TWO YEARS AT THIS RATE GUYS!

And THIS is for Dr. Kelly; I hope you (or someone who keeps you informed) reads this site. Your most loyal and faithful are dropping out for the year after each AWFUL performane (Kansas St.) or AWFULLY BLOW WIN (Ball St.)
It must get better starting THIS WEEK in Miami or you will be facing Eastern Michigan types of crowds (under 10K to put it extremely nicely) the balance of the season in a 30K stadium.
FAU CANNOT AFFORD this level of Coaching. We should be at least decent but we still lose to a Ball St. team coming off a 3-9 year with a first year HC with NO HC experiece yet THEY pull out the win in OUR HOUSE!

Enough said!GET IT FIXED NOW COACHES, LET OUR YOUNG MEN PLAY, AND NO MORE EXCUSES. GET IT GONE!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

As I see it, we have lost EIGHT (8) games under Charlie that we should have won!

EIGHT (8)!!!!

HOW MANY SCREW UPS DO YOU GET AT WORK BEFORE THEY SHOW YOU THE DOOR???

And don';t bother to ask me which games, we have ALL SEEN THEM OVER AND OVER, JUST LIKE SATURDAY!

Do YOUR homework and simply look at the past schedules, it is THAT simple. We SHOULD HAVE gone to a Bowl game each of his first two years but we can;'t close out a game, either on (players) or OFF (Coaches) the field!

We will have NO FAN BASE IN TWO YEARS AT THIS RATE GUYS!

And THIS is for Dr. Kelly; I hope you (or someone who keeps you informed) reads this site. Your most loyal and faithful are dropping out for the year after each AWFUL performane (Kansas St.) or AWFULLY BLOW WIN (Ball St.)
It must get better starting THIS WEEK in Miami or you will be facing Eastern Michigan types of crowds (under 10K to put it extremely nicely) the balance of the season in a 30K stadium.
FAU CANNOT AFFORD this level of Coaching. We should be at least decent but we still lose to a Ball St. team coming off a 3-9 year with a first year HC with NO HC experiece yet THEY pull out the win in OUR HOUSE!

Enough said!GET IT FIXED NOW COACHES, LET OUR YOUNG MEN PLAY, AND NO MORE EXCUSES. GET IT GONE!

Posted On: Sep 26th 2016, 4:18 PM #359912

I was told directly from Dr. Kelly's assistant that he gets updates of ALL hysterical post on fan boards.  If it is too much and the season is over take some time off and come back in February on signing day.  It will make it easier on us who will be with the team good or bad the rest of the way.  I was told we are moving 100% of our recruiting focus to GA, SC and NC by the way.
Back to the top

Ha ha, cute. I will be down there to see us win over UTEP and will ALWAYS support my Owls! it is not too much for me but several on here has expressed  the loss of interest in time and money (AND emotions) supporting a staff that has still not shown any idea of how to beat even mid level teams we SHOULD be beating (Wyoming, Tulsa, Buffalo and now Ball St.). 1-5  (1-3 AT HOME!) vs. those NATIONAL powers. Then add in BARELY beating FCS POWERS Wagner and S. Illinois. Wow, we are up to 3-5 now!!!!

And not sorry for the sarcasm - it is needed and the message needs to get through FROM THE TOP, NO MORE EXCUSES, perform your job better or resign! If ya can't do better than this, admit we all made a mistake, be a man and step out so the school CAN find a qualified HC and staff.

But I really believe the step needed is to let Roc go and let these young men play to THEIR abilities and NOT BE OVERCOACHED TO THE POINT OF FAILURE. Simplify, run to the ball as fast as THEY can - get in the backfield on EVERY play - DISRUPT AND DESTROY! We were pretty darn good  on D at our level before Roc! Under Coach Roc, out=r team strength has become our weakness, even worse than the O-line struggles - AND THEY HAVE HAD A BOATLOAD OF INJURIES TO HARM THEIR UNIT! What is Roc's excuse for giving up 30 MINIMUM EVERY GAME! Even to FCS S. Illinois and MAC Ball St. - BOTH with brand new HC's!

THAT is why I actually feel so much frustration with AND FOR the Coaching staff as a whole and particularly Coach P as HE IS the boss and responsible for the product we see struggle (putting it REAL nicely) so much.

Like I say though, learn and improve and get thing right Coaches and players. And Go Owls!
Back to the top

Believe it's 5 year contract to a previous position coach who had never been a head coach before.  Another Chun gem.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

sigep77 said

walty12 said

sigep77 said

Reading his contract, I don't think the buyout is $1MM.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 10:46 PM #360287

How much?
Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 10:49 PM #360291

It reads weird, and it could be because I'm two bottles of wine in, but I don't think we owe him more than $500K if we fire him tomorrow.

Let me re-read tomorrow and I'll update.  The contract looks favorable to FAU though at this point since he has less than three years remaining in his contract.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 11:05 PM #360310

Thought it was a four year deal he was signed on for?

Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 11:22 PM #360331

If it was a four year deal it would've been up in July?
Back to the top

bda614 said

USMCOWL said

sigep77 said

walty12 said

sigep77 said

Reading his contract, I don't think the buyout is $1MM.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 10:46 PM #360287

How much?
Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 10:49 PM #360291

It reads weird, and it could be because I'm two bottles of wine in, but I don't think we owe him more than $500K if we fire him tomorrow.

Let me re-read tomorrow and I'll update.  The contract looks favorable to FAU though at this point since he has less than three years remaining in his contract.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 11:05 PM #360310

Thought it was a four year deal he was signed on for?

Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 11:22 PM #360331

If it was a four year deal it would've been up in July?
Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 11:34 PM #360336

That is why I was asking the question
Back to the top

Contract is up in 2019.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

Contract is up in 2019.
Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 11:55 PM #360341

So we signed him to a seven year contract??
Back to the top

bda614 said

sigep77 said

Contract is up in 2019.

Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 11:56 PM #360343

Six.
Back to the top

bda614 said

sigep77 said

Contract is up in 2019.

Posted On: Oct 1st 2016, 11:56 PM #360343

December 2013 to January 2019
Back to the top
Control functions: