Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED: "Schmidt Family Complex for Academic and Athletic Excellence"

did anyone get a chance to ask about athletic center on saturday or hear anything how the process is coming along?
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

did anyone get a chance to ask about athletic center on saturday or hear anything how the process is coming along?

Posted On: Sep 7th 2016, 8:03 AM #358639

I asked the guy sitting behind me and he thought it was all systems go.  He was pretty enthusiastic about it.
Back to the top

+1
Back to the top

Here are the 4 short-listed firms for the Athletic Center. I've included a link to their project portfolios below each name if you want to see the kind of work they do.

HKS Architects, Inc. - Orlando, FL
Projects

Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum, Inc. (HOK) - Kansas City, MO
Projects

Gensler -  Tampa, FL
Projects

Borrelli & Partners, Inc. -  Orlando, FL
Projects
Back to the top

Is it wrong of me to feel unexcited about this ?  This program has so many issues that a shiny new building won't fix it. It will make us all smile and feel good. But when that wears away, we will be looking at our other problems again. I'm still sour.
Back to the top

Good news, it'll help us recruit a new coach if we get there, facilities are the name of the game nowadays
Back to the top

donated 10 dollars for the new center.
Back to the top

New center WILL help attract better recruits and raise the level of the team, both athletically (strength, nutrition, recovery, etc....) and academically. BOTH very important!
Back to the top

quick question? I heard the BOT nominated a architect to build the new center? Did President Kelly sign off on the recommendation?
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

quick question? I heard the BOT nominated a architect to build the new center? Did President Kelly sign off on the recommendation?
Posted On: Nov 15th 2016, 8:57 AM #362484
I believe we chose the same group that did the stadium
Back to the top
Control functions: