Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VOTE: How many Wins will FAU Football finish the season with?

How do you see this team finishing?

3 wins or less - we're doomed to be a 3-win team forever
4 or 5 wins - we're going to beat a couple of the teams we should, but it will be too little too late
6 wins - we're going to beat the teams we should and squeak out a win against WKU/MU/MTSU
7+ wins - No Huddle No Mercy takes off, our defense steps up and we make noise in CUSA!
1 win - let's just end the season now

I was mulling over some new ideas for the show and wanted a way to get the forum more involved so I thought doing a weekly poll might be something worth adding. Most people seem to have the same consensus that we're headed for another 3-4 win season, but I thought it was worth a discussion.

FAU is 1-3 with games left against: FIU (0-4), Charlotte (1-3), Marshall (1-2), Western Kentucky (2-2), UTEP, Old Dominion (1-3), and MTSU (3-1)

FAU should have a very good chance, and may even be favored for FIU, Charlotte and UTEP. ODU is a toss up, but we have them at home this year. As usual, Marshall, WKU, and MTSU will all be difficult, especially because we have Marshall and MTSU away this year. Which is why this Ball St. win was so important.

So the question is, how do you see this team finishing? Can we beat the teams we should? Will we get an upset over one of the MTSU. WKU or MU?
Back to the top

I could see 6 wins...even 7 wins if our offense becomes difficult for teams to handle....I think people will back off the ledge once we beat FIU and Charlotte and get over .500......

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

FIU - W
UNCC - W
Marshall - L
WKU - L
Rice - W
UTEP - W
ODU - E
MTSU - L

ODU will likely be the ledge game towards Bowl eligibility, but I don't see us getting in with 6 wins, it will take 7.
Back to the top

Three more. Grand total of four.
Back to the top

W's vs. FIU and Rice on the road and vs. Charlotte, UTEP and ODU here. 7th win possible with away win a MARSHALL, their D is not good this year (O not great either) so actually a winable game.  If D shapes up, WKU ia a reach (do not have a great QB! Transfer White from USF, there ya go) and MTSU just too good for us!

But if D can't stop ANYBODY……………
Back to the top

I hate that Ball State loss so much…there are a lot of winnable games left, and this team has talent.

I'm optimistic!  Let's do this OWLS.
Back to the top

KingTut307 said

I hate that Ball State loss so much…there are a lot of winnable games left, and this team has talent.

I'm optimistic!  Let's do this OWLS.

Posted On: Sep 27th 2016, 8:20 PM #359958
this isnt the place for optimism don't you see :smile:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

W's vs. FIU and Rice on the road and vs. Charlotte, UTEP and ODU here. 7th win possible with away win a MARSHALL, their D is not good this year (O not great either) so actually a winable game.  If D shapes up, WKU ia a reach (do not have a great QB! Transfer White from USF, there ya go) and MTSU just too good for us!

But if D can't stop ANYBODY……………
Posted On: Sep 27th 2016, 6:23 PM #359954

The D has been good in spurts, especially in the first half of the Miami game.

D was pretty good for most of the Ball State game, just stupid plays here and there.
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

I could see 6 wins…even 7 wins if our offense becomes difficult for teams to handle….I think people will back off the ledge once we beat FIU and Charlotte and get over .500……
Posted On: Sep 27th 2016, 12:49 AM #359930

Fair enough.

We get beat by either FIU or Charlotte…Charlie should be fired at seasons end.  You cant lose to bottom 5 teams in your 3rd year.  You just cant.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Silver_Bullet32 said

I could see 6 wins…even 7 wins if our offense becomes difficult for teams to handle….I think people will back off the ledge once we beat FIU and Charlotte and get over .500……
Posted On: Sep 27th 2016, 12:49 AM #359930
Fair enough.

We get beat by either FIU or Charlotte…Charlie should be fired at seasons end.  You cant lose to bottom 5 teams in your 3rd year.  You just cant.

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 9:51 AM #359965

You have to consider several things…he's been coach less than three years.  Yes, the rough losses are frustrating, but Pelini left some scorched Earth.

Then, you have to think of the alternatives?  Who do you get if you fire Partridge? You either get 1) a coach who fell from grace (like Petrino's one year at WKU) 2) a coach on the rise who is using it only for a springboard or 3) an unproven coach

I think Brian Wright should've been given a shot but I think Charlie is doing a fine job.  Isn't this really only his third season?

Now, if we lose to Charlotte/FIU I might change my tune, lol.
Back to the top
Control functions: