Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VOTE: How many Wins will FAU Football finish the season with?

How do you see this team finishing?

3 wins or less - we're doomed to be a 3-win team forever
4 or 5 wins - we're going to beat a couple of the teams we should, but it will be too little too late
6 wins - we're going to beat the teams we should and squeak out a win against WKU/MU/MTSU
7+ wins - No Huddle No Mercy takes off, our defense steps up and we make noise in CUSA!
1 win - let's just end the season now

KingTut307 said

walty12 said

Silver_Bullet32 said

I could see 6 wins…even 7 wins if our offense becomes difficult for teams to handle….I think people will back off the ledge once we beat FIU and Charlotte and get over .500……
Posted On: Sep 27th 2016, 12:49 AM #359930
Fair enough.

We get beat by either FIU or Charlotte…Charlie should be fired at seasons end.  You cant lose to bottom 5 teams in your 3rd year.  You just cant.

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 9:51 AM #359965
You have to consider several things…he's been coach less than three years.  Yes, the rough losses are frustrating, but Pelini left some scorched Earth.

Then, you have to think of the alternatives?  Who do you get if you fire Partridge? You either get 1) a coach who fell from grace (like Petrino's one year at WKU) 2) a coach on the rise who is using it only for a springboard or 3) an unproven coach

I think Brian Wright should've been given a shot but I think Charlie is doing a fine job.  Isn't this really only his third season?

Now, if we lose to Charlotte/FIU I might change my tune, lol.
Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 10:20 AM #359966
I need some examples of this "pelini scorched Earth". I'm no Pelini fan but the Pelini/Wright coaching combo went 6-6. Pelini inherited your "scorched Earth" from Howard. That's one of the reasons Pelini brought in so many JUCO's. Charlie inherited a better foundation to build from unfortunately one can't tell from his win-loss record.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

KingTut307 said

walty12 said

Silver_Bullet32 said

I could see 6 wins…even 7 wins if our offense becomes difficult for teams to handle….I think people will back off the ledge once we beat FIU and Charlotte and get over .500……
Posted On: Sep 27th 2016, 12:49 AM #359930
Fair enough.

We get beat by either FIU or Charlotte…Charlie should be fired at seasons end.  You cant lose to bottom 5 teams in your 3rd year.  You just cant.

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 9:51 AM #359965
You have to consider several things…he's been coach less than three years.  Yes, the rough losses are frustrating, but Pelini left some scorched Earth.

Then, you have to think of the alternatives?  Who do you get if you fire Partridge? You either get 1) a coach who fell from grace (like Petrino's one year at WKU) 2) a coach on the rise who is using it only for a springboard or 3) an unproven coach

I think Brian Wright should've been given a shot but I think Charlie is doing a fine job.  Isn't this really only his third season?

Now, if we lose to Charlotte/FIU I might change my tune, lol.
Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 10:20 AM #359966
I did consider that he was a 1st time HC and gave empathy to that for the first 2 seasons.  

You're right, with Chun as AD I have ZERO faith we are competent enough to hire the right HC.  I feel like Chun checked out and is just awaiting his next job opportunity.

Charlie is NOT doing a fine job.  We continue to lose EVERY contested game against competition on our level.  Not to mention how unprepared we were @Kansas State.

Brian Wright isn't who I would have hired.  Would have been an emotional decision.  Look at USC who made that decision…Brian Wright wasn't offered a HC job by any other schools.  That says something.

We lose to Charlotte or FIU, Charlie should resign himself.  But he wont, because his 2 week paycheck is $19,320 (seriously, thank you donors and students taking loans).    The reason I post that, please dont feel bad...these guys are paid an insane amount of money to perform.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Enough about the poor students who have to pay the athletic fees.  It's not a hidden fact of what tuition and fees are when selecting FAU.  Applications have never been higher and the quality of the student has never been higher.  It's still one the  great bargains in education.  It has a lot to do with a poor football team.  Imagine what happens if they start winning.

The scorched earth of Pelini is the lack of his players on the roster right now.  Or experienced leadership.  Part is no jucos and part is going after high risk players who didn't make it.  Trey perhaps?  Administration made a decision to build with high school kids we are taking our lumps.  Everyone is frustrated and time is running out.  The rest of the season is solely based on the offensive line coming together which lost another player and has 5 freshman or redshirt freshman on the two deep  roster. Not an excuse, a reality.  By the way Parfitt is still out.
Back to the top

The key games for the rest of the season

FIU and Charlotte - If we cant beat them both the year is done.

If we do beat them we will be 3-3

If we get past them expect losses to Marshall and WKU

Then we are 3-5

Rice- They are 0-4 so far this year. This one is a must win. By the time they play us they will probably be 2-6.

If we are at 4-5 and we have 3 games remaining against UTEP, Old Dominion and MTSU I think we can win 2 of those. UTEP and Old Dominion at home.

Back to the top

OC Irritant said

Enough about the poor students who have to pay the athletic fees.  It's not a hidden fact of what tuition and fees are when selecting FAU.  Applications have never been higher and the quality of the student has never been higher.  It's still one the  great bargains in education.  It has a lot to do with a poor football team.  Imagine what happens if they start winning.

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 11:01 AM #359969
Not enough.  They pay $16 million per year and deserve better.  The AD and HC's need to be held accountable and perform.  

Imagine if we have the right HC in place to get us to start winning?

Charlie is in his 3rd year, it's time to start evaluating.  Here is the evaluation plain and simple...dont become a walty12 irritant as well :)

3 wins or less - we're doomed to be a 3-win team forever {-} [14 votes]
4 or 5 wins - we're going to beat a couple of the teams we should, but it will be too little too late {-} [22 votes]

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

this isnt the place for optimism don't you see :smile:
Posted On: Sep 27th 2016, 9:09 PM #359959

Looking at the results here and the results on twitter:

52% on here are 5 wins or less.

77% on twitter are 5 wins or less.

TON is more optimistic than the general crowd  :cool:

Back to the top

Rick said

OwlBroker said

this isnt the place for optimism don't you see :smile:
Posted On: Sep 27th 2016, 9:09 PM #359959

Looking at the results here and the results on twitter:

52% on here are 5 wins or less.

77% on twitter are 5 wins or less.

TON is more optimistic than the general crowd  :cool:

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 12:09 PM #359972

Lol the optimists just don't post as much I guess ha
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

The scorched earth of Pelini is the lack of his players on the roster right now.  Or experienced leadership.  Part is no jucos and part is going after high risk players who didn't make it.  Trey perhaps?  Administration made a decision to build with high school kids we are taking our lumps.  Everyone is frustrated and time is running out.  The rest of the season is solely based on the offensive line coming together which lost another player and has 5 freshman or redshirt freshman on the two deep  roster. Not an excuse, a reality.  By the way Parfitt is still out.

Is the only you do is make excuses for Charlie?
He's 7-21 which by the way is same exact record Turner had through 28 games at FIU.
You cant make the Pelini left the roster bare excuse for the simple fact this team is talented.

Just give one thread of evidence that Charlie will make turn around? You have failed to do that in the 2 years you have posted on this forum.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

The scorched earth of Pelini is the lack of his players on the roster right now.

Maybe, but he left is mark pretty well on the all-time list for players who had an impact given the fact he only had two classes, and one was practically a throw together.

Brandon Bryant - Best DT ever.

Trevon Coley - 2nd best DT ever.

Lucky Whitehead - enough said.

Cre’von Leblanc - top three DB's all time.

Kalib Woods - leading WR right now and will only get better.

Just to name some…
Back to the top

Charlie loses to FIU he should be walking back from Sweetwater. 
Back to the top
Control functions: