Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIRE CHARLIE!!!

fauowl said

I just heard that a young FAU fan verbally assaulted Roc's family including his children after the game.  That's disgusting. 

Let's not let one idiot define our fan base.
Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 2:17 PM #359977

I yelled at Charlie!!
I keep Children and family out of it though they aren't coaching.
Back to the top

My unprofessional opinion is , if our O line was in place and healthy, I feel we would be seeing a very different offense. Our D needs bigger stronger badder meaner guys inside on the D line. Everything else is fine. But we don't. So the results are as seen.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

My unprofessional opinion is , if our O line was in place and healthy, I feel we would be seeing a very different offense. Our D needs bigger stronger badder meaner guys inside on the D line. Everything else is fine. But we don't. So the results are as seen.
Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 4:03 PM #359981

Agree.  I have empathy for what has happened on the Oline.  But the defense…man it has been soft.  I dont know if it is the way we practice over the summer or what…but we simply do not tackle.  We miss tackle after tackle.  Its infuriating.

If you're frustrated now, wait until we play a true dual threat QB.  It's gonna sting a bit.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 4:03 PM #359981

Agree.  I have empathy for what has happened on the Oline.  But the defense…man it has been soft.  I dont know if it is the way we practice over the summer or what…but we simply do not tackle.  We miss tackle after tackle.  Its infuriating.

If you're frustrated now, wait until we play a true dual threat QB.  It's gonna sting a bit.
Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 4:14 PM #359982

The good news is Magoo (sp) isn't one.  I also just read that Fernandez is back and Parfitt should be back soon so hopefully if we can win the next two winnable games we will be in a better position as the games get tougher.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Just wow!

I am listing to the radio show and 28 min in and no fan questions for the 2nd week in a row  Charlie splits.

I love how after the worst loss in school history and another close loss Charlie just wont take questions.

It tells you everything you need to know why this team folds when things get tight.  
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Just wow!

I am listing to the radio show and 28 min in and no fan questions for the 2nd week in a row  Charlie splits.

I love how after the worst loss in school history and another close loss Charlie just wont take questions.

It tells you everything you need to know why this team folds when things get tight.  
Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 6:30 PM #359984

Coach's portion of the show has always been the first 30 minutes.  For the rest of the time other invited guests are interviewed.  I never recall the show having fans directly question  the Coach.  The format is; questions are submitted to Ken Lavicka prior to the show, and he asks the coach or works them in to the conversation.  I have submitted quite a few questions which have been asked and answered by Coach Partridge.  He is a standup guy and ducks nothing.  

This entire thread is futile.
Back to the top

Matt C said

owlcountry40 said

Just wow!

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 6:30 PM #359984

Coach's portion of the show has always been the first 30 minutes.  For the rest of the time other invited guests are interviewed.  I never recall the show having fans directly question  the Coach.  The format is; questions are submitted to Ken Lavicka prior to the show, and he asks the coach or works them in to the conversation.  I have submitted quite a few questions which have been asked and answered by Coach Partridge.  He is a standup guy and ducks nothing.  

This entire thread is futile.
Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 8:45 PM #359993

Of course it's futile but some people are too infantile and dense to figure that out.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

fauowl said

I just heard that a young FAU fan verbally assaulted Roc's family including his children after the game.  That's disgusting. 

I yelled at Charlie!!

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 2:33 PM #359980

What exactly is the purpose of yelling at a coach other than to show you are a loon and a complete a-hole.  I guess we know why coaches have security details.  Crazies like you. It's a game.  Develope other interest you might have a more fulfilling life.
Back to the top

OC Irritant said

owlcountry40 said

fauowl said

I yelled at Charlie!!

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 2:33 PM #359980

What exactly is the purpose of yelling at a coach other than to show you are a loon and a complete a-hole.  I guess we know why coaches have security details.  Crazies like you. It's a game.  Develope other interest you might have a more fulfilling life.

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 8:50 PM #359995

Still got nothing to defend Charlie? HAHA

College football ''loons'' are why he makes more then many doctors. How anyone feels bad for a football coach is nuts.
Are you Charlie?
If you are can you tell the fans why do you only take fan questions when times are good?
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

If you are can you tell the fans why do you only take fan questions when times are good?

Posted On: Sep 28th 2016, 9:17 PM #359998

It's a sponsored Coaches Show. it's not the Paul Finebaum Show. There has never been hard hitting questions from fans since the beginning of the program.  Does the Jimbo Fisher coaches show have callers call in that haven't been screened? absolutely not.  It is not a media show.

I am shocked with your knowledge of college football that you are surprised by this.  It's not a press conference.
Back to the top
Control functions: