Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS: FAU @ FIU 10/01/2016

It is rivalry weekend for the Owls and the Panthers. FAU comes in at 1-3 on the season and leads the series 10-4. FIU is 0-4 on the season and lost to FAU last year by 14 points.

once again both teams find themselves in need of a win and desperate to turn around the season. FIU fired HC Ron Turner last week and many FAU fans are calling for the same end for FAU HC Charlie Partridge. This game is more than a rivalry, it has the potential to turn the season around for the winning team.

Both teams will be ready to play and the game will likely be chippy. I give FAU the edge in talent, but FIU has nothing to lose and might play with a fresh motivation after the firing of Turner. one thing is pretty certain about this game. The loser will likely continue to struggle the remainder of the season.

FIU has not scored more than 14 points in any game this season. FAU averages just over 20 points per game. Based on that and the edge in talent going to FAU, I like the Owls in this one.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: THE OWLS WILL BE HOISTING THE SHULA TROPHY :Yawn:
FAU 31 FIU 20

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

*Owls Win*

FAU 31  FIU 17
Back to the top

Rick said

*Owls Win*

FAU 31  FIU 17
Posted On: Sep 29th 2016, 11:05 AM #360005

:JC_postcount:

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU offense puts up 38 and the defense allows 24 points.

Prepare to be thrilled by our Offense and frustrated with the Defense.

Go Owls.
Back to the top

FAU WINS 27-17

Charlie, Ken and the gang sell it to us as "we are moving in the right direction"
Back to the top

Fan Attendance:

FAU 1,241. FIU. 87 ( less than half of their parents, they don't even want to go).
Back to the top

We lose again 27-14. We think we have all these winnable games upcoming, but the problem is we are the winnable game to these teams too.

Turnovers, and not being able to stop Alex Gardner. Prediction FIU has 200 yards rushing 
Back to the top

FAU 28  FIU  17
Back to the top

The definition of "what a shame". When I google map directions  from my house to FIU, see the travel time as 1 hour 23 minutes , then decide that's too far. If we were a winning team , I would be there. Sorry.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

The definition of "what a shame". When I google map directions  from my house to FIU, see the travel time as 1 hour 23 minutes , then decide that's too far. If we were a winning team , I would be there. Sorry.
Posted On: Sep 29th 2016, 5:35 PM #360012

Yeah it's a PITA to get down there and the stadium is pretty underwhelming but I'm glad to see that FAU is bussing down students for it. Our student section has been very vocal and a definite highlight of this season so far.
Back to the top
Control functions: