Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

It's Fixable

We have a lot of talent on this team.  That is because our staff has done a great job of recruiting.   The staff has the players excelling in the class room.  Now it's time to allow them to do the same on the field.  When Pellini left, FAU knocked it down and rebuilt the whole thing.  And, has done a great job building a top program. All except one thing.  Game Day!  Seems like it should be the fun and easy part of the job.  It's the Sunday-Friday parts of the coaching job the are tough.  Recruiting, NCAA rules,  and all the administrative headaches.

So, with that said, what are the game day changes you would like to see?  I have my own ideas, but I want other opinions for on the field, game day changes.

Here you go, it's wide open.
Back to the top

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winning is WAY more fun than losing!
Back to the top

Matt C said

We have a lot of talent on this team.  That is because our staff has done a great job of recruiting.   The staff has the players excelling in the class room.  Now it's time to allow them to do the same on the field.  When Pellini left, FAU knocked it down and rebuilt the whole thing.  And, has done a great job building a top program. All except one thing.  Game Day!  Seems like it should be the fun and easy part of the job.  It's the Sunday-Friday parts of the coaching job the are tough.  Recruiting, NCAA rules,  and all the administrative headaches.

So, with that said, what are the game day changes you would like to see?  I have my own ideas, but I want other opinions for on the field, game day changes.

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 10:39 AM #360388

It's simple bring in a new coaching staff who can coach. 
Back to the top

I don't understand why vs. beatable teams;

1) we can't stop them when it matters (3rd downs, 4th quarters)

2) why the O disappears in the 2nd half (3 pts. vs. Ball St., 7 pts. vs, FIU).

REALLY don't understand this. Vs. UM or KSU sure, they are bigger, faster, deeper, better coached.

But vs. FCS and Group of 5 teams -  nope.

Oh, maybe that last one after all! :Winking:
Back to the top

C'mon be specific.  If you were the OC DC or HC  what moves would you make?  Need X and O's
Back to the top

Matt C said

C'mon be specific.  If you were the OC DC or HC  what moves would you make?  Need X and O's
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 12:10 PM #360403

Let's go another route if I'm the President of the school I fire the HC and AD. 
Back to the top

Matt C said

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 10:39 AM #360388

Here is an idea………fire Charlie the guy doesn't have it.

Look how much different LSU played in 1 week after moving on from Les.  
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 12:11 PM #360404

OK, then what?  You just can't say "win" or "fire everyone".  We have outperformed in recruiting, administrative roles and academics.  It's the X's and O's that need fixing.
Back to the top

Matt C said

DeltAlumnus said

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 12:11 PM #360404

OK, then what?  You just can't say "win" or "fire everyone".  We have outperformed in recruiting, administrative roles and academics.  It's the X's and O's that need fixing.

Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 12:29 PM #360407

Start interviewing find a coach who can win on saturdays. 
Back to the top

Matt , you said you have your ideas. Lets hear them. My solution is what every college does in our position. Make a major move . Fire the head guys. Shake it up. Start fresh with new faces.Now lets hear your solution to fix this mess.
Back to the top
Control functions: