Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 Potential Coaching search thread

Well we are going to need this thread

1.Jeff Scott Co OC and WR coach at Clemson and recruiting coordinator.
He is from Arcadia FL as well
From what i can find he only makes around 450k so we could atleast upgrade that a little.

2.Bryan Jenkins- was 46-14 At Bethune Cookman  but had issues with administration and left.

3.Trot Walters- UCF OC/WR coach He is a little young but the former NFL player in climbing the coaching ranks and we should nab him.
 Maybe he could bring Dewitt back to coach the D.

4.Taylor Mazzone- who is co/oc with his dad at Texas A&M  and another up and comer in the coaching ranks.

I just put this list together i will gather more names throughout the week.
I also left some of the names that always pop up like Edddie Gran, Randy Shannon, etc because well i don't want them to be our head coach. I am not of fan of retread coaches we just need to find our PJ Fleck.

I wanted Tyson Summers so bad last year i just can't say that enough, but no we had to wait another year for this to happen (I hope this is lesson that we should always listen to OC40)
Back to the top

CLEMSON huh??? :cool:

I say offer him a $550K salary with incentives to reach $1M.

As long as we go on the total cheap WE WILL NEVER COMPETE NOR EVER FILL THE STADIUM!
Back to the top

Just to lob this up there for the sake of discussion, should FAU look at coordinators that haven't been head coaches?

Or focus on coaches from smaller programs looking to move up?

Urban Meyer went from HC at Bowling Green to Utah to Florida then Ohio State (head coach each time).

Dan Mullin went from OC at Florida to HC at Mississippi State (first time head coach).

I saw where someone recently posted a great possibility using the Urban Meyer example in Kerwin Bell from Jacksonville University.

(Sorry for the UF slant - yes, I'm a Gator grad but we totally support FAU as the hometown team).
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Just to lob this up there for the sake of discussion, should FAU look at coordinators that haven't been head coaches?

Or focus on coaches from smaller programs looking to move up?

Urban Meyer went from HC at Bowling Green to Utah to Florida then Ohio State (head coach each time).

Dan Mullin went from OC at Florida to HC at Mississippi State (first time head coach).

I saw where someone recently posted a great possibility using the Urban Meyer example in Kerwin Bell from Jacksonville University.

(Sorry for the UF slant - yes, I'm a Gator grad but we totally support FAU as the hometown team).
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 11:30 AM #360395

Cool, very glad that ya do!

As long as whomever is an OFFENSIVE oriented coach to me.

Points put excitement into the game and butts in the seats way more than defensive struggles. And ALL of the mid level teams that have gotten national attention and growth have done so by scoring points!
Back to the top

I've always been a huge fan of Danny Barrett. Currently with Dolphins .Raised in Boynton. Great college QB. Great Canadian Pro QB. Coached college.Was the interim HC at UCF during last season.I feel we missed out. High quality guy. 55 years old ish. Cool guy that can relate to S Florida HS athletes. The good news is I don't think there have ever been more young qualified assistant coaches who are just waiting for their first big chance .FAU is a perfect place to cut your teeth in the HC business. Location, facilities , potential, everything a coach could want. Hell come in and win 4 games and we will think he is a genius. I really like Charlie. But he failed the three year test. As did Chun. Other schools have hired guys that have exceeded expectations. Lets do the same.
Back to the top

The shame of it is Coach P has put together an outstanding program 6 days of the week, but fails on Saturday.
The X and O's on Saturday should be the easy part.

I wish someone would tell me the difference between this year's  team vs. last year.   On O very predictable, can't convert 3rd down and a very tired play book.  On D, we can't get off the field on 3rd down, tackling issues

This when we have better talent on the field
Back to the top

Butch Davis
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Not according to DeFranks most recent article in the Sun Sentinel where Chun says Charlie's job is not in jeapordy.

But if it was, I certainly like the Clemson idea. UCF had the right idea in stealing away the Oregon coach.

If FAU cans Charlie and hires another defensive guy I give up on this program.
Back to the top

Doesn't mean an awful lot when Chun should be packing up his office. 

I'm utterly shocked there hasn't been anything done yet. 
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

owlcountry40 said

Not according to DeFranks most recent article in the Sun Sentinel where Chun says Charlie's job is not in jeapordy.

But if it was, I certainly like the Clemson idea. UCF had the right idea in stealing away the Oregon coach.

If FAU cans Charlie and hires another defensive guy I give up on this program.
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 2:56 PM #360429

If Chun doesn't believe he should be starting to pressure Charlie and opening up to the idea of the possibility of change then he's either an idiot or doesnt have the kahunas to be running a D1 athletic dept the way it should be. Must be spending most of his concentration on his resume. 
Back to the top
Control functions: