Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - October 9th, 2016

Add topic

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - October 8th, 2016

The Matchup: Charlotte (1-4) vs. FAU (1-4)

When: Saturday, October 8th, 3:30 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: The Owls took last year's inaugural meeting in Charlotte and lead 1-0.

Charlotte Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: None

Live Video: Here

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: FAU - 15

Back to the top

The Owls open as strong favorites. 15 point  favorites. 
Back to the top

I wouldn't touch that with Waltys money!!!
Back to the top

Wow, being we both have only beaten an FCS school, I would make the line like 6 tops!

But good news guys, (THE FIRST ALL WEEKEND!), we are NOT facing a first year HC! WE MIGHT have a chance guys!:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

teambeer said

I wouldn't touch that with Waltys money!!!
Posted On: Oct 2nd 2016, 6:39 PM #360466

I wouldn't give St Thomas Aquinas a 2 TD spread with the way we are playing right now.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Notables from Coach Patridge's Monday Charlotte Presser:

Opening remarks

"We need to get better on all three phases. We have to coach better. We have to play better. It is that simple. We have to make plays in key moments and we didn’t do that on Saturday night. We need to improve. It is really that simple. Moving on to Charlotte. That is our current focus. I think they have a disruptive defense. I think their D tackle/Nose guard, #65 [Larry Ogunjobi], he is a fifth-year senior. He is one of the better ones, maybe one of the best ones we have seen, up to this date, as far as an active disruptive defensive lineman getting ready for this week. He creates a challenge on their defense. They have a great running back, I think one of the best we will see in the conference, #3 [Kalif Phillips], and they have three quarterbacks, which normally wouldn’t create challenges but all three of them are very different in the styles that they play, so we have to account for that."

On Reversing the Losing Trend

"To be honest, I think you build on the things that are positives. We started both halves with explosive plays. You have to build on those explosive plays. It really comes down to our kids continuing to learn football. That is our job, to continue to teach football, so that we make those plays in those key moments."

Andrew Soroh Update

"He was hobbled up. That is why you didn’t see him in near as much action, last week. I think he is in a better place going into this week than he was going into last week."

Kelly Parfitt Update

"The same. He is hopeful. He is further along. He is questionable technically but we are more hopeful than we were last week."

On Devin Singletary

"If you look at the drive when we went up, I think it was 31-27, that was the drive when he had a lot of carries. The O line was doing some nice things. We were getting hats on hats and getting some movement. We knew he was a special talent and it was exciting to see him really do some nice things on that drive and I’m not surprised. "

Back to the top

Continued…

On Close Games the Last Two Weeks

"There are a lot of ways to look at that, right. It is painful to lose a close game. It is painful. It is painful for the coaches, for the players, the fans, the supporters. It hurts because we have put a lot into this. The players have put a lot into this and the fans are invested emotionally and I hurt for them as well. But, again you see things. You are happy to be in position at the end of the game but we are not happy because we are here to win games and we need to find a way to perform better – all three phases throughout the course of the game. There is a lot of points left on the board in terms of a run we can hit here, a block we get there, a catch that we don’t make. There was a lot of opportunities missed. That is the thing that we have got to get figured out because there was a lot of points that we left on the field, which we didn’t take advantage of the way we could. "

On a Handful of Plays Determining the Outcome of 80% of the College Games Every Week

"That is what we spent a lot of time on yesterday, as a full team watching all three phases. I selected 87 of I think there was 178 total plays, throughout the whole game. I selected 87 of them and we coached the entire team with that in mind. Opportunities that we didn’t take advantage of. We need to again, coach better and play better to take advantage of those opportunities. Make the catch, make the block, make the read, get your eyes in the right place on the bubble and go, go to where you are supposed to on the blitz and that is on us as coaches to help them figure that out. So that we can perform better in those moments."
Back to the top

This game is likely going to be moved/canceled…

Hurricane Matthew (LINK) is coming right for us.

The outer bands could affect our prep, but that's probably the least of our worries because they'll get another day or two before it hits hard.

Charlotte certainly won't be able to fly in on Friday. Looking at this map, I wouldn't even chance flying into Tampa and driving over.

Even if it has passed us by Saturday, it could have wreaked havoc on the roads, power and utilities.

Can't move it to their campus as a home game because it's supposed to hit NC around Saturday/Sunday too.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

This game is likely going to be moved/canceled…

Hurricane Matthew (LINK) is coming right for us.

The outer bands could affect our prep, but that's probably the least of our worries because they'll get another day or two before it hits hard.

Charlotte certainly won't be able to fly in on Friday. Looking at this map, I wouldn't even chance flying into Tampa and driving over.

Even if it has passed us by Saturday, it could have wreaked havoc on the roads, power and utilities.

Can't move it to their campus as a home game because it's supposed to hit NC around Saturday/Sunday too.

Posted On: Oct 4th 2016, 8:57 AM #360551

Planes do these crazy things called flying around weather.  The game is after the storm passes the area.  The only way it is cancelled or moved is if their is significant damage in the area and emergency personnel are needed elsewhere.
Back to the top

FAU has made no changes as of right now and will announce them (if applicable) later today.
Back to the top
Control functions: