Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

VIDEO: Charlotte @ FAU - Final Play 10/9/16

The Hurricane Matthew Heartbreak (click the video):

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

A question, looking at the video posted online of the final play., why was he ruled out of bounds when to me he was clearly pushed (two handed forceable shove) and forced out of bounds before he landed. Yes, he landed out of bounds but NOT by his own doing or his own momentum! Did not think you could do that? Have to give the receiver the opportunity to land inbounds if receiver is in the air!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

A question, looking at the video posted online of the final play., why was he ruled out of bounds when to me he was clearly pushed (two handed forceable shove) and forced out of bounds before he landed. Yes, he landed out of bounds but NOT by his own doing or his own momentum! Did not think you could do that? Have to give the receiver the opportunity to land inbounds if receiver is in the air!
Posted On: Oct 9th 2016, 5:52 PM #360767

NCAA Publications - Football
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Oct 9th 2016, 5:52 PM #360767

It looked to me like he had one foot in bounds and one foot in the air when he caught the ball. 
Back to the top

All you need to do is drag the tip of your toe across…robbed.

Back to the top

Rick said

Posted On: Oct 9th 2016, 7:06 PM #360805

We can all cry about the bad call. The reality is, we didn't play well enough to even deserve to be in the position to throw a Hail Mary.  

Here's an idea: Let's stop the excuses and start playing fundamental football.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Rick said

Posted On: Oct 9th 2016, 7:06 PM #360805
We can all cry about the bad call. The reality is, we didn't play well enough to even deserve to be in the position to throw a Hail Mary.

Here's an idea: Let's stop the excuses and start playing fundamental football.

Posted On: Oct 9th 2016, 7:15 PM #360809

If you were able to throw a hail mary and hit the receivers hands you played well enough to deserve it.  Should never have come to this.  What the hell does Trickett do at halftime?  Does he go get a hot dog in the Acura lounge?  His offense shuts down in the second half of each game.

Now, it looks like we were jobbed on the last play, oh well, I blame the tv contract.
Back to the top

We shouldn't have even been in that situation.  Should not have been a close game.  We basically lost to an FCS level team.  
Back to the top

Great blow-up. Yes we were robbed and some officials need to be suspended and if FAU does not pursue this than the FAU officials responsible for this need to be FIRED!

And yes, we should NEVER have been in such a position but we were and we did execute the play and then got jobbed! This COULD HAVE BEEN the turning point for the program….but NO! So,me IDIOT replay official blew this by overturning the correct call on the field and HAD TO HAVE conclusive evidence to do so! WHAT WAS HE (or they) LOOKING AT?

Just ANOTHER sad chapter in FAU football history now!
Back to the top

And FAU, getthis freeze frame pic out to the national media and get some corrective action done. It won't change the outcome of the game but CAN help the perception of our program NATIONALLY! As much as the near win at UF did - DO IT FAU!
Back to the top
Control functions: