Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Partridge: "The breakthrough is coming" - FAU vs Marshall Presser Notables 10/10/16

Partridge: "The breakthrough is coming" - FAU vs Marshall Presser Notables 10/10/16

Opening Comments

"We are cramming two days into one [due to game being played on Sunday and not Saturday and keeping preparation week the same]. There are no depth chart changes. There are no health updates. I will meet with the medical staff later today to get those updates, so no report there. The thing I can say is the effort is there. The breakthrough is going to happen. Obviously, we are frustrated and disappointed. The good thing is seeing our kids stick together, fight for each other and fighting to the end. It didn’t work out the way we wanted yesterday, but the breakthrough is coming".

On The Final Charlotte Play

"Depending on the angle you look at you see different things….There is a procedure where you send in any calls that you have questions on or that you want clarifications on. So, we will go through the normal process and we usually hear by midweek."

Hendrickson Lining Up on Goal Line Packages

"We initiated that with him. You saw the jersey switch, some of you may have caught it on the sideline. The way jerseys are made now, it is harder they are so tight, he just said I will wear 11 the rest of the game, use me when you need me. The plan was to use him on goal line situations and he said you have me if you need me on third down too. It is something we practiced through the course of the week. Again, he is a force to be reckoned with and anything we can do to help the team with him, we are going to do [it]."

On Marshall

"I haven’t seen as much film as I normally would have coming into this meeting. I have been through some of the cutups and several of the games. They are athletic. I think Chase Litton is a good player. Their main back No. 24 [Keion Davis] is versatile. I think he is averaging five yards a carry. He can run it inside. He can run it outside. He is a good player. A lot of their O linemen are back. They are big. They are physical. Their record isn’t what they wanted it to be right now but they are a better team than what their record shows. This is a game that our kids have always looked forward to. There is a lot of respect from us to Marshall. That garners a strong desire to win. Our kids will come back ready to practice tomorrow. By NCAA rule, they have a day off today, even with the Sunday game and all those things. A lot of our players are in here watching tape on their own from yesterday’s game and moving onto Marshall. "

On Parr

"They both did some good things. Like I said, there are no changes to the depth chart. We will evaluate through the course of the week whether Daniel [Parr] gets another chance there in the first and second half. We will take it as it goes. The way they graded out is such that the depth chart wouldn’t change. "

"We feel like we have the same philosophy, it is just getting Daniel some reps in game action. You would hope at some point in the season to get him some game action at the end of games. That hasn’t presented itself, so in order to get him some game action we are designating a series or two that we can get him in the game."

"It (getting time on Sunday) gave us an opportunity to coach some things that he still needs to clean up in game action so that is extremely valuable. I’m confident [Daniel] Parr could go in and do some good things, but he still is not ready to be the starter at this point. Jason is our starter. Yes, if something were to go down, we can operate the offense with Daniel. It would be tweaked and adjusted in this way or that. Right now Jason is the starter."

On If the World is Conspiring Against Him Right Now

"I wish I had the time or the emotional depth to even go there. I don’t. I have 119 young men and coaches and families and everyone to keep moving forward, to even go there is kind of your job, a fan response, so we have got to come back and get ready for it tomorrow. "
Back to the top

CHARLIE, are ya even just a little P.O. ed????

A TEAM SHOWS THE CHARACTER OF IT'S COACH ON THE FIELD BY HOW IT PLAYS. ACCEPTING LOSSES SO EASILY IS NOT A GOOD SIGN TO ME AT ALL! The HC shows no fire and does not get his team fired up and man does it show in our play! We see it after the half of EVERY GAME AND EVERY WEATHER DELAY! AND THEN WE SEE IT IN LOSING PRESS CONFERENCES WEEK AFTER FRIGGIN' WEEK!

There have been several other screw ups by refs this year costing teams game (think Ok. St.) and they refs were punished harshly for costing a team the rightful win. WHAT IS FAU DOING?????????????

Accepting this  the lame way Charlies puts it is TOTALLY unacceptable to me. GET MAD, SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE REPLAY REF, TAKE A FINE, BUT FIGHT FOR YOUR TEAM CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF ONE VIEW SHOWED THE CATCH WAS LEGIT THAN IT WOULD STAND AND WE HAVE ALL SEEN THAT ONE VIEW WHICH WOULD ALLOW THE FIELD REFS CALL TO STAND. THE MAN WAS LESS THAN 10 FEET FROM THE CATCH WITH A CLEAR UNOBSRUCTED VIEW OF THE ENTIRE CATCH AND HE IMMEDIATELY SIGNALED TOUCHDOWN, ZERO HESITATION OR LOOKING TO OTHER REFS FOR HELP ON THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is the lame way FAU competes and stands up for itself and it's PLAYERS when wronged then we have NO HOPE for a competitive future. And looking at the TWO REVENUE SPORTS COLLEGE ATHLETICS DEPEND UPON TO CARRY THE ATHLETIC BUDGETS OF THEIR SCHOOLS (FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL), all I can say is WOW WE BLOW!

C'MON PRESIDENT KELLY, DO SOMETHING OR AT LEAST ORDER SOME IMMEDIATE CHANGES IN STAFF AND ATTITUDE. LOSING CANNOT BE ACCEPTABLE OR YOU WILL ALLOW MEDIOCRITY OR MUCH WORSE (FAU TODAY!).
Back to the top

What did you think of Parr's performance?
Back to the top

I thought Parr did fine. As expected. Some good. Some bad. Just like Jason did during his first action. There is only one way to get game time. This season is gone. The #1 QB hasn't won. Parr had a scoring drive on one of his appearances.I would like to see more then just one series per half. Hard to get it to the flow of a game like that . But, the coaches won't because they are poor decision makers. How will we know, if he doesn't get game time.  
Back to the top

Agreed, ya can't prove yourself on the bench!

But the short video I saw Parr in action was not heartening. Super short passes and not real accurate at that. Several BAD throws and receivers have to  make adjustments just to try and catch the ball. And every one an immediate take down by the D as they DO NOT FEAR ANYTHING LONG! Little to no yards after catch!

Again I harp on our receivers yards per catch and longest catch of the game stats, AWFUL NUMBERS. With these short yardage numbers we should at least be completing 70% minimum but we are not due toi inaccurate throws AND the D being right on them to contest the catch.

Are our receivers this SLOW they can't get downfield like a decent FCS receiver. Is our blocking THAT BAD that we fear trying anything over 8 to 10 yards? Do we even know how to make multiple moves, ie, stop and go patterns?

The short passing game works best when you send 2 receivers (or even 3) deep and throw underneath the coverage  either mid range or short to a delay crossing route by anyone (WR. TE, RB). ya let them get a step or two on LB or DB and hit them in stride (LEAD THEM QB'S!) and let them RUN AFTER CATCH!

IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE GUYS AND IT DOES NOT TAKE A DEGREE IN COACHING COLLEGE FOOTBALL (DOES NOT EXIST BY THE WAY) TO COACH IT SUCCESSFULLY AND MAKE $100K TO $500K A YEAR AT FAU. For Charlie that works out to about $40K PER GAME AND SO FAR ABOUT $175Kl PER WIN OVER 2 1/2 SEASONS.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

"Is our blocking THAT BAD that we fear trying anything over 8 to 10 yards?"

The answer is YES to that question.

Watching this team, Driskell hasn't been the probelm.  

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Only 175k per win, we must be getting a deal, Nick Saban gets about 270k per win
Back to the top

Walty, I agree. I'm not bit–ing at Driskel and I'm not saying Parr was great.Georgia, your view on Parr is accurate.But that won't change getting two series per game.  When an O and D are struggling, look at the lines. Tough for everyone when the lines are getting beat.
Back to the top

JustWinOwls! said

Only 175k per win, we must be getting a deal, Nick Saban gets about 270k per win
Posted On: Oct 11th 2016, 4:41 PM #360964
BUT do you think we are 2/3 of the Saban value!:Smug:
Back to the top

I confess to being guilty of drinking generous portions of coaches' pre-season Kool-Aid. The truth is that this season is a disaster. We drove 1,000 miles round-trip to watch Kansas State kick FAU's a** (63-7, the worst defeat in program history), and I said after the game that FAU's program couldn't be that bad. The Owls have proved me wrong. If my math is correct, this coaching regime stands at 7-23, and it is unlikely that this 2016 season will even match the previous two dismal 3-9 seasons. Oh, I know that someone in another thread said future home games are winnable – it's just that I see them as winnable by the visitors, not the Owls. Here we go again. More excuses. More 'building on our successes (????)' and more 'we're getting closer.' Gosh. Are we playing horsehoes, where getting close counts for something? Or are we playing football? We have had season tickets since the beginning. But I must say that instead of looking forward to broadcasts of games (we are in Denver), I dread them (and sometimes just avoid them). Sigh.
Back to the top
Control functions: