Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Homecoming

Add topic

I was going to fly down for the homecoming game this year. I think I will postpone it for another year.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

sigep77 said

1.  Most likely due to previous involvement with the University.
2.  No.
3.  No.
Posted On: Sep 25th 2016, 10:54 PM #359876

Didn't give thoughts to some events.  Yes, I have attended Talon, Parliament of Owls, and a couple others.  I wasn't thinking right.

I do not make it a point every year, and the last few I have been traveling during the week on business precluding my attendance.  I will not be attending Talon & pOWLS once again this year.
Back to the top

teambeer said

1. Yes, I've been invited to the Talon Awards and the POWLS awards (I'm. It sure if the FAU AA has this as an open invite or if it's a select group though, so it may skew your data)
2. I've been to the above for a number of years in a row now
3. Will attend again this year
Posted On: Sep 27th 2016, 6:28 AM #359937

POWLS is only for those being inducted and those of us that have been inducted in the past.  Talon I think is open to Association members, donors, and invited guests.  I certainly could be wrong on the Talon portion though.
Back to the top

So none of you (especially Alumni Association members) received emails from the Alumni Association about Homecoming events, correct?

I'm thinking something announcing that it was Homecoming, a link to the Homecoming website, etc
Back to the top

As far a in the MAIL, invites to the talon Awards and such but fr homecoming just the tailgate at the alumni center before the game open invite. Nothing to any other Homecoming activities, No travel specials (air, car, hotel) to help get out of towners to travel.
Back to the top

Yeah that's what I thought. Thank you Georgia.
Back to the top

When I was a student at FAU, the student activities office and the student government oversaw Homecoming and the alumni association had a few events during the week (as did other departments). If that's the case, shouldn't the onus be on SGA to do the advertising? I received the invitations in the mail about the Talon awards.

I don't know what you all do, but I understand that Homecoming is an event that happens every year, and there are events leading into the Homecoming game every year … so when the Homecoming date is announced six or seven months in advance of the actual week, I put a "tentative" calendar appointment on my calendar for the entire week … and as the time gets closer and I know what my work schedule is, I'll decide whether or not I can make the trip.

Should FAU do a better job marketing? Perhaps. But shouldn't some of the responsibility of looking up the schedule be on fans? Yes. Do the Miami Heat send flyers or mail pieces to attend their games to people who have attended a game in the past? (I don't know but I would assume they don't. Although, I did receive a call from group sales at the Florida Panthers around four years ago because I was on a list from when SGA bought tickets for a student outing in 2003).

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: