Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FAU @ Marshall 10/15/2016

Not much to see here. Two bad teams battling it out for the second win of the season. I do not know much about Marshall and what I know about FAU does not provide me with confidence that the Owls can win. I am tempted to be a homer, but too many losses make me think otherwise. Home game for Marshall proves to be the difference.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Marshall 34 FAU 31

GO OWLS!!!!...Prove me wrong!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

45-16 Marshall
#firepartridge
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Not much to see here. Two bad teams battling it out for the second win of the season.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2016, 7:35 AM #361024

the last 2 time we played to bad teams, we lost. I don't see anything different happening here. Close matchup 28-25 Marshall.
Back to the top

Gave my prediction over at HerdNation…of course it is not surprising, but it's at the link below along with some other QA commentary if interested:

HerdNation.com - Ask the Expert: The Owl's Nest gives their take on Saturday's game
Back to the top

I predict 28 - 21, with FAU playing well in the first quarter and leading at the half, but not scoring anything in the second half and giving up a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter as Marshall puts together their best half of the season, before going back to being terrible in next week.
Back to the top

I actually see this game staying close, and maybe even having a lead in the second half. But per usual we will #findaway to lose the game. 42-31.

PS I will lose my mind if for the third straight year Marshall scores on a zone read up the middle untouched for a 75 yard TD.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I actually see this game staying close, and maybe even having a lead in the second half. But per usual we will #findaway to lose the game. 42-31.

PS I will lose my mind if for the third straight year Marshall scores on a zone read up the middle untouched for a 75 yard TD.
Posted On: Oct 13th 2016, 3:02 PM #361041

#findaway

Lol
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Hahaha, that is the post of the day.

I think they had 4 of those incredibly tricky to defend halfback dives for 75 yards unscathed one year.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I was about to say, it wasn't even a zone read, it was a 3 yard FB dive play that got us for 28 points.  :Big-Grin:

#rocfense
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

It worked twice in 2014, and once in 2015. I doubt Roc has figured out how to stop it. In other words prepare to lose your mind.
Back to the top
Control functions: