Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-15-16

Add topic

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-15-16

Four conference matchups and two non-conference games comprise the six-game schedule for week seven, with all games being played on Saturday.

The action begins with the long-time rivals separated by 100 miles of highway, WKU at Middle Tennessee. Points are likely to be plenty in this matchup of high-powered offenses.

Charlotte plays a school from the Sunshine State for the second straight week, this time hosting FIU. The 49ers are coming off their first-ever conference victory, a dramatic triumph at Florida Atlantic. The Panthers are seeking a third straight win under interim head coach Ron Cooper.

Marshall returns home for its first league game in Huntington when Florida Atlantic visits. The Thundering Herd have won all three meetings since the Owls joined C-USA.

Fresh off its record-setting win over Southern Miss, UTSA makes the short trip to Rice, which is coming off a bye week. The Roadrunners are seeking a second straight win over the Owls.

The only non-conference games of the week feature Louisiana Tech looking for its third straight win when it travels to Massachusetts, the Minutemen’s third game against a C-USA opponent, and Southern Miss playing at LSU for the first time since 1994.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15

WKU at Middle Tennessee (ESPN3) 2:30 p.m.

LA Tech at Massachusetts (ESPN3) 3:30 p.m.

FIU at Charlotte (CUSA TV) 6 p.m.

Florida Atlantic at Marshall (ASN) 7 p.m.

UTSA at Rice (beIN SPORTS) 7 p.m.

Southern Miss at (25) LSU (SEC Network) 7:30 p.m.

Back to the top

FINALS:

WKU 44 at Middle Tennessee 43 2OT

LA Tech 56 at Massachusetts 28

FIU 27 at Charlotte 26

Florida Atlantic 21 at Marshall 27

UTSA 14 at Rice 13

Southern Miss 10 at (25) LSU 45
Back to the top

After catching 12 passes for 326 yards and five touchdowns in a 56-28 win at Massachusetts, Louisiana Tech junior WR Carlos Henderson is the Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week.

The Defensive Player of the Week honor went to FIU senior LB Anthony Wint, who tied a career high with 13 tackles in a victory at Charlotte.

The Special Teams Player of the Week award was given to WKU sophomore K Skyler Simcox, who scored a career-high 14 points, including the game-winning extra-point in a win at Middle Tennessee.

C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.
Back to the top

I haven't been watching, maybe someone else has… what is FIU suddenly doing different/right that they weren't before under Turner?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I haven't been watching, maybe someone else has… what is FIU suddenly doing different/right that they weren't before under Turner?
Posted On: Oct 17th 2016, 3:07 PM #361351

They are playing really bad football teams. Us, UTEP, & Charlotte.  Arguably 3 of the worst in the country.  They play La Tech this week. If they play well against them, and then they have something.
Back to the top

fauowl said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Oct 17th 2016, 3:07 PM #361351

They are playing really bad football teams. Us, UTEP, & Charlotte.  Arguably 3 of the worst in the country.  They play La Tech this week. If they play well against them, and then they have something.
Posted On: Oct 17th 2016, 3:25 PM #361352

Agreed Mark, 100% agreed!

But the bottom line from OUR point of view is they acted, changed and have a 3 game win streak while WE are stuck in a 6 game losing steak (last 4 vs. BAD football teams).
Back to the top

"After catching 12 passes for 326 yards and five touchdowns"…that has to be a record?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

"After catching 12 passes for 326 yards and five touchdowns"…that has to be a record?

Posted On: Oct 17th 2016, 11:40 PM #361402

That reminds me of when we played that NAIA school a number of years back in basketball, Northwood maybe? They had a kid who lit us up for almost 50 that night, I'm screaming from the stands, "JUST COVER THST GUY, HES GONNA GET THE BALL!" 

How do you let a guy be THAT open all night?
Back to the top
Control functions: