Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

From the university press "Football: the case for firing head coach Charlie Partridge"

Back to the top

That's bold.
Back to the top

They also state the case for keeping him. I say keep Charlie IF he won't replace one or both Coordinators. We do not have an identity or style (thus losing!) on either side of the ball. AND START TO COACH DURING GAMES WITH SOME ATTITUDE AND EMOTION!

I keep saying (especially on D). LET THEM PLAY, SIMPLIFY AND LET THEM GET AFTER THE BALL. STOP READING AND REACTING (WE DID THIS WITH PELINI). LET THE D GET AFTER 'EM!

On O, be much more aggressive, stretch the D both laterally and verically!
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

That's bold.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2016, 6:48 PM #361489

The article felt like propaganda just the selling of bull.

3 of our last 4 ''close losses'' have come to teams ranked outside the top 100.   
Back to the top

I meant it's bold whenever the UP writes an editorial saying someone on staff should be fired.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Owl2Doc said

That's bold.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2016, 6:48 PM #361489

The article felt like propaganda just the selling of bull.

3 of our last 4 ''close losses'' have come to teams ranked outside the top 100.   
Posted On: Oct 21st 2016, 9:48 AM #361491

They had one say why he shouldn't be fired.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

They also state the case for keeping him. I say keep Charlie IF he won't replace one or both Coordinators. We do not have an identity or style (thus losing!) on either side of the ball. AND START TO COACH DURING GAMES WITH SOME ATTITUDE AND EMOTION!

I keep saying (especially on D). LET THEM PLAY, SIMPLIFY AND LET THEM GET AFTER THE BALL. STOP READING AND REACTING (WE DID THIS WITH PELINI). LET THE D GET AFTER 'EM!

On O, be much more aggressive, stretch the D both laterally and verically!

Posted On: Oct 20th 2016, 7:14 PM #361490

This is where I think this program really misses the likes of Jovan Dewitt. When he took over defensive coordinator after Rekstis was canned, he had a big emphasis on keeping the schemes simple so the defense could play fast and not have to think about their responsibility. Athletically, this team is better than about every team in the conference. Athleticism doesn't show if theyre handcuffed by the scheme.
Back to the top

Hoppy said

This is where I think this program really misses the likes of Jovan Dewitt. When he took over defensive coordinator after Rekstis was canned, he had a big emphasis on keeping the schemes simple so the defense could play fast and not have to think about their responsibility. Athletically, this team is better than about every team in the conference. Athleticism doesn't show if theyre handcuffed by the scheme.
Posted On: Oct 21st 2016, 11:43 AM #361496

+10,000,000,000,000,000,000
Back to the top

Rick said

Hoppy said

Posted On: Oct 21st 2016, 1:31 PM #361498

Jovan Dewitt would be easy case to make for a Defensive Coordinator and not a hard case to make now for head coach. 
Back to the top

Rick said

Hoppy said

Posted On: Oct 21st 2016, 1:31 PM #361498

Great point!

When you hear Charlie talk about "fits'' they are playing basically gap control where every guys 'fits' in a gap or lane to control the run. If a guy misses his fit another guy try and over compensate and thus huge running holes.

When you play more of an aggressive man style guys and use their athleticism and instincts, but the guys have to have great instincts or you give up huge plays. If you remember that year we had guy named Andre Kirk and Randal Johnson who you can trust to make his own decisions on the field.         

I am all for the aggressive style of play because it was simply how kids grew up being coached in Florida.

This basically the same scheme that Al Golden Ran at UM last year.
Back to the top
Control functions: