Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-22-16

Add topic

FINAL:

La Tech 44  FIU 24
Back to the top

FINAL:

Old Dominion 24  Western Kentucky 59
Back to the top

FINAL:

UTEP 52  UTSA 49  5 OT (C-USA Record)

The contest remained tied at 28-28 after three quarters of play and neither team could distance themselves in the fourth with that score holding.

The Roadrunners missed two 50+ yard FG's in regulation which could have put it away - one off the upright, and one just short. They missed another in the 4th extra frame, this time from only 40.

The Miners land deciding touchdown in the final period to snap a five game losing streak.
Back to the top

Remember, we live in south Florida. Plenty of other things to do other than watch FAU lose. I guess it is worth going to see our break through moment. PS…Baseball America called FAU's baseball recruiting class one of the biggest secrets in the country. But no one cares. I'm glad that my favorite sport is thriving.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Remember, we live in south Florida. Plenty of other things to do other than watch FAU lose. I guess it is worth going to see our break through moment. PS…Baseball America called FAU's baseball recruiting class one of the biggest secrets in the country. But no one cares. I'm glad that my favorite sport is thriving.
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2016, 6:51 AM #361528

I am too and IT IS SAD that we don't serm to put effort into advertising for baseball. Our BEST sport in an area with LOTS of older baseball fans and……..do we have a senior price and if no - WHY NOT?- and if yes,  ADVERTISE IT!
Back to the top

In the Charlotte win over Marshall AT Marshall, Marshall again did not score in the 2nd half as they are not a good 2nd half team this year, so there is NO EXCUSE as to why we could not score vs. them! CHARLOTTE DID!!!!!!

OUR 2nd half issues are the main problem we have as we DO NOT play both halves of these games, even against team WE SHOULD BEAT AND HAVE REALLY NO BUSINESS LOSING TO - OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER!

As all FIVE of our remaining games are vs. teams who DO NOT have good D's AT ALL! The O had BETTER pick it up and score AT MIMIMUM 14 points more per game. If not, the Coaches (especially OC) are not up tom FBS football.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Our BEST sport in an area with LOTS of older baseball fans and……..do we have a senior price and if no - WHY NOT?- and if yes,  ADVERTISE IT!
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2016, 8:48 AM #361529

Nope but the single game tickets are $7 which is not bad for seniors… unless you think it should be like $3…

Similarly, a 12 game mini-plan is $36. Seniors may claim they can't afford that but then they go spend $15 on a Chinese restaurant to hang out with their friends, so…

fausports.com Florida Atlantic Official Athletic Site - Tickets

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Our BEST sport in an area with LOTS of older baseball fans and……..do we have a senior price and if no - WHY NOT?- and if yes,  ADVERTISE IT!
Posted On: Oct 23rd 2016, 8:48 AM #361529

Nope but the single game tickets are $7 which is not bad for seniors… unless you think it should be like $3…

Similarly, a 12 game mini-plan is $36. Seniors may claim they can't afford that but then they go spend $15 on a Chinese restaurant to hang out with their friends, so…

fausports.com Florida Atlantic Official Athletic Site - Tickets

Posted On: Oct 23rd 2016, 9:38 AM #361534

That's not too bad! I guess I would make it $5 for seniors over 60 or something like that.
Back to the top

I know this is not the subject for this title, but if you buy a baseball season ticket, it comes to something like  $2 per game. Difficult to attend all the games . But if you attend 1/3 of the games that is $6 per game. It costs 1 Starbucks coffee to go to the game.
Back to the top

After generating 263 yards of total offense, scoring a pair of touchdowns and setting career highs in rushing yards and receptions in a win at Missouri, Middle Tennessee senior RB I’Tavious Mathers is the Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week.

The Defensive Player of the Week honor went to North Texas junior CB Eric Jenkins, who had two interceptions (one for a touchdown), two more pass breakups and a forced fumble in a win at Army.

The Special Teams Player of the Week award was given to Middle Tennessee junior K Canon Rooker, who had three field goals and scored 15 points in the victory at Missouri.

C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.
Back to the top
Control functions: