Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WKU @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 29th, 2016

Add topic

WKU @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread

The Matchup: Western Kentucky (5-3, 3-1) vs. FAU (1-6, 0-3)

When: Saturday, October 29th, 3:30 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: The Owls lead 5-2, but have split the last two meetings while allowing an average of 40 ppg.

Hilltopper Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: American Sports Network (ASN)

Live Video: None

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: WKU - 16

Back to the top

Owls open at +16 and that immediately goes to +18.
Back to the top

Are we playing Alabama or someone in our conference? That is pitiful.
Back to the top

So how many WKU players will be out for the game, check out the video of the WKU/ODU brawl;

SIAP: Western Kentucky/ODU brawl | Rivals Message Boards

For either a) being in this brawl as a player on the field, or b) leaving the sidelines to be in the brawl, many without helmets on! The leaving the sidelines rule could affect MANY players!

If Charlie does not follow through on this and ensure that the league enforces it's own rules he is a bigger idiot and fool than I thought. You owe it to your players to give them every advantage you can!
Back to the top

Line is now +20 for the Owls. 

Ouch.

We REALLY need to show up in a Big Way Saturday and make a statement.
Back to the top

Why do I have a feeling WKU will be scoring at will?
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Posted On: Oct 24th 2016, 7:19 AM #361548

Because you have seen our defense play football…?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

cbboarder said

Posted On: Oct 24th 2016, 7:19 AM #361548

Because you have seen our defense play football…?
Posted On: Oct 24th 2016, 9:21 AM #361549

Lol Roc doesn't know how to play football. It's like he won a bet against CP and got hired, and now has just been doing this for so long that it would be too awkward to quit…
Back to the top

sadly they are doing this with MIKE WHITE at qb, the transfer from USF whom we beat three years ago in Tampa as Pelini's first win.

He IS NOT GOOD but the SYSTEM Brohm runs is aggressive and puts players in a position to succeed. A good coach does that!
Back to the top

Notables from WKU Head Coach Jeff Brohm's FAU Presser:

Opening Statement

“This past weekend was a good win for our football team. I really thought our guys were locked in, they were focused, they understood the importance of this game and they were playing a team who was leading our conference. They were 2-0 in conference and 4-2 overall and we had to find a way to make a statement and get a win. I thought our guys really came out in the first half and played exceptional in all three facets, and it was a good win.”

On the third-quarter incident vs ODU Saturday

“We have not heard anything yet, there’s supposed to be some discussions later on today about what happened. I feel good that both teams did the best job they could in separating things on both sides of the ball. I think the fact that we were able to continue playing the game and nothing else happened, then we shook hands after the game, were positives for all. But we addressed those things with our team and that can’t happen again. We can’t leave the side line and I think our team understands that. We didn’t like to see that at all, but it has been addressed and from that point on in the game, I thought everything was clean the rest of the way out.”

On the Florida Atlantic matchup

“If you study it closely, Florida Atlantic is a team that has lost a lot of close games. I think they’ve pretty much been in every game. They played Miami well the first game and they’ve lost some games that went down to the wire, which means they’re competitive, they’ve got good players and good athletes. They were a very good team last year and they’ve been very good on defense. I think offensively they may have struggled a little bit this year more so than they might like, but they’re very capable of beating anybody. There’s a lot of parity in this conference and our guys need to understand that if we’re not ready to play, without question we’ll get beat. All of our games against Florida Atlantic have been very good football games. They’ve got talent and our guys from Florida understand that a lot of their buddies will be on this team. They’re very good players and very skilled, it’ll be fun for them to get down there.”
Back to the top
Control functions: