Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WKU @ FAU Homecoming Game Thread - October 29th, 2016

Add topic

Just read a story about our O line. I know I have been negative about football lately, but this situation looks about as bad as it could be. We are starting half a line. I judge a team by their lines. The good teams  have good lines. We have had so many issues that the coaches have plugged in guys that  are not ready to play. I feel for these young guys. I know they will do there best, but expect a long, disappointing homecoming. The Vegas point spread is on the low side.
Back to the top

I dunno.

On one hand I get it, on the other hand we seem to always be playing with a banged-up O-line.

The only time they all (or most) seem to be healthy is preseason and then they say yeah we got all the guys but they haven't jelled yet or something when you lose the first game.

Besides - and perhaps most importantly - we're not losing games just because of our O-line. For instance, our tackling issues are just as problematic if not moreso than the line.
Back to the top

There is only one reason we are bad and that is coaching.

We have 1 good coach on staff.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I dunno.

On one hand I get it, on the other hand we seem to always be playing with a banged-up O-line.

The only time they all (or most) seem to be healthy is preseason and then they say yeah we got all the guys but they haven't jelled yet or something when you lose the first game.
Posted On: Oct 25th 2016, 11:27 AM #361565

It was said that this "could be the best line we have ever had", then two guys went down.

I'm sorry but two guys don't make a line. Ten guys do…

Really feel we should be better than losing two guys, and then falling apart at the seams for the first four weeks as a result.
Back to the top

Rick said

Notables from WKU Head Coach Jeff Brohm's FAU Presser:

On the third-quarter incident vs ODU Saturday

“We have not heard anything yet, there’s supposed to be some discussions later on today about what happened. I feel good that both teams did the best job they could in separating things on both sides of the ball. I think the fact that we were able to continue playing the game and nothing else happened, then we shook hands after the game, were positives for all. But we addressed those things with our team and that can’t happen again. We can’t leave the side line and I think our team understands that. We didn’t like to see that at all, but it has been addressed and from that point on in the game, I thought everything was clean the rest of the way out.”
Posted On: Oct 24th 2016, 8:02 PM #361559

Per C-USA ruling, starting RB Anthony Wales will be suspended for the first half of the game on Saturday, that's it.

Receivers Nicholas Norris and Kylen Towner were reprimanded.

Back to the top

Rick said

Owl2Doc said

I dunno.

Posted On: Oct 25th 2016, 11:27 AM #361565

It was said that this "could be the best line we have ever had", then two guys went down.

I'm sorry but two guys don't make a line. Ten guys do…

Really feel we should be better than losing two guys, and then falling apart at the seams for the first four weeks as a result.
Posted On: Oct 25th 2016, 1:05 PM #361567

At this point it's well beyond two guys…out for season, beck went out for the year yesterday

Done for the year 
Bain-starter
Thomas-started games
Beck-started games
Hickmon-was projected starter/backup at differing points

Injured at some point and didn't play at least a game
Parfitt-started games 
Fernandez-started games
Woods -started games
Wiener -started games
Smith-started games

Currently hurt/not playing
Parffitt
Smith

We are literally down to true freshman and red shirt freshman and we already are/we're playing some redshirt to begin with
DeBoer is the only player to start every game and he has played multiple different positions. Simply stated the line is a mess and not getting any better as it seems we have a new guy hurt severely weekly 

Back to the top

Right I was just talking about first four games… Now it is much worse. 
Back to the top

And TES, we should have been deeper per the coaches talk in the spring and fall camps!

And whatever happened to our 1st "big" Aquinas signee Bland? Never hear of him at all.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

And TES, we should have been deeper per the coaches talk in the spring and fall camps!

And whatever happened to our 1st "big" Aquinas signee Bland? Never hear of him at all.
Posted On: Oct 25th 2016, 3:55 PM #361575

That was a jewel of one of pelini's classes, he is barely on the team as is right now…
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Oct 25th 2016, 3:55 PM #361575

That was a jewel of one of pelini's classes, he is barely on the team as is right now…
Posted On: Oct 25th 2016, 4:00 PM #361577

Unless he has let himself go, good time to step it up don't ya think?
Back to the top
Control functions: