Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIRE CHARLIE!!!

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

ANOTHER issue we have not talked about much recently is RECRUITING.

When is the last time FAU announced a new commitment?

The good news, we can offer them immediate playing time much more honestly at least.

The BAD news, do they want to come to a losing program (ONE 6-6 season in last EIGHT! or be Coached by someone who cannot teach or coach? And, do they like losing?

AND WHEN ARE WE ever EVEN GONNA BREAK GROUND ON THE STUDENT CENTER?
Posted On: Oct 19th 2016, 1:56 PM #361440

So we got one guy to commit this week, and really only because we're the only DI program to offer a scholarship - the others were all FCS.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2016, 2:01 PM #361446

Who???? I saw nothing posted on this on this sire and just looked the the FAU recruiting section, nothing new there since Sept. 26.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2016, 2:06 PM #361452

Dr. Phillips ATH D.J. Charles commits to FAU - Sun Sentinel
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Who???? I saw nothing posted on this on this sire and just looked the the FAU recruiting section, nothing new there since Sept. 26.

Chase Hooper just tweeted it out… Three Star 6-3 265 lb DL from your neck of the woods. 
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

David Slavic said

GeorgiaOwl said

ANOTHER issue we have not talked about much recently is RECRUITING.

When is the last time FAU announced a new commitment?

The good news, we can offer them immediate playing time much more honestly at least.

The BAD news, do they want to come to a losing program (ONE 6-6 season in last EIGHT! or be Coached by someone who cannot teach or coach? And, do they like losing?

AND WHEN ARE WE ever EVEN GONNA BREAK GROUND ON THE STUDENT CENTER?
Posted On: Oct 19th 2016, 1:56 PM #361440

So we got one guy to commit this week, and really only because we're the only DI program to offer a scholarship - the others were all FCS.
Posted On: Oct 19th 2016, 2:01 PM #361446

Coach tweeted the signal a few days ago and a few sites posted the details The other day, he is a Georgia DL
Back to the top

I don't "tweet" (y'all never seen Chef? - Ha Ha!). VERY underrated movie by the way.

Thanks for the updates. Nice to have a commit but pretty small and no FBS offers????

And any info on the Ga THREE STAR DL??? THAT sounds good!
Back to the top

North Texas went 1-11 last year with 66-7 loss to Portland State and now are 4-3 with first year head coach…..
The it take time to turn a team around is such s***.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

North Texas went 1-11 last year with 66-7 loss to Portland State and now are 4-3 with first year head coach…..

Posted On: Oct 24th 2016, 11:25 AM #361551

It depends on whether the problems are JUST bad coaching or lots of holes to fill and retraining to do.
Back to the top

voss749 said

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Oct 24th 2016, 11:25 AM #361551

It depends on whether the problems are JUST bad coaching or lots of holes to fill and retraining to do.
Posted On: Oct 25th 2016, 8:56 AM #361562

NT outscored 182-495 last year! Per game that is 15-41! And their ONLY Power5 game was vs. Iowa.

I swear Coaching is SO overrated, way too many Coaches think football IS rocket science and they are a genius. So they OVER COACH and make their '"system" WAY TOO COMPLICATED.

Sounds like US IMHO!
Back to the top

here is a great article on a certain Coach Dino Babers (I know some here wanted him to be the HC hire here at FAU);

Dino Babers’s new math for Syracuse football - Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician

THIS is why he was hired from Eastern Ill. first to Bowling Green where he went 18-9 in two seasons and then to Syracuse. And THIS is why I want an O minded HC ( he coached at Baylor!) Not a D minded HC afraid to be aggressive on O. I STILL think Pelini keld Wright back, and partridge too! Look at how Wright has done here as interim and now at 6-1 TOLEDO! The only loss a super close win at BYU with scoring in the 50's by both teams.

O (and winning) sells seats, not our "style", if we have one!

And no more of the "injuries to the O line" excuses. ALL teams have injuries, is it not the Coaching staffs JOBS to develop depth as well?
Back to the top

@Georgia..I don't like excuses but DANG MAN, our O line is a mess. We will not win because of that very reason. NoLine/NoWin
Back to the top

I totally agree that the injuries are hurting us, but my point is that we have how many O lineman on our roster? We do not have all league types anyhow so how can our backups be this far behind in ability?

And have we tried switching and D lineman over to the O side of the line? I know Trey has gone to help on short yardage plays as a lead blocker.

Sounds to me like we need to start recruit BOTH lines in the future MUCH MORE! We don't need six corners/athletes every year!
Back to the top
Control functions: