Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIRE CHARLIE!!!

GeorgiaOwl said

"Coaching in college is 75 percent of what makes a team good or not because the kids are so young and impressionable."

Well I do agree with you on this point. I know I have seen many teams (and eventually the Coach) go down as the Coaches (HC, OC, DC) is so in love with his "system" but either complicates the game too much (and yes I beieive a 5* does have a better capacity to learn a mor e difficult systems - his greater athletic ability makes up for plenty that a 2 or 3* cannot), can't teach hios system, his system does not fit the talent he has or his system simply does not work. OR, his players don't really believe in his system as it is so foreign to what they have done to get them into Collegiate football.

Where WE fit in there may actually be a bit of several factors.

By the way, stop putting me down as inferior to you in football knowledgeor being stupid and not "knowing" or "understanding" the game. I don't insult you!

I played the game for 10+ years and have watched and studied it for 55 or so, THOUSANDS OF GAMES. I watch what SUCCESSFUL TEAMS AND COACHES DO AT OUR LEVEL AND WE ARE NOT DOING WHAT THE GOOD PROGRAMS DO OBVIOUSLY. We don't score near enough on O and are way to soft on D - mentally, physically and in terms of strategy.

Again, when is the last time WE came up with a 4th qtr. drive to score to win or a D hold or turnover to prevent a loss (ACTUALLY UTSA last year in all honesty). On O, we can't even get into FG range for a game winning ATTEMPT or to force an OT! On D, we can't hold a lead.

Go Owls, get it going THIS WEEK VS. WKU!

Posted On: Oct 27th 2016, 6:33 PM #361629
All I am saying is back up some of your claims with stats or comparisons
We agree on most, but just ranting ''we need more points'' doesn't bring anything to the argument or show your the football knowledge.
Anyone notice when i post i usually have some facts or an article with it.

I think our scheme on offense is fine  and I am not a fan of Roc's D, but it works at other schools IE Wisconsin, the fact is we don't execute and good coaches get guys to execute.

Also I do think it unfair when I have been insulted on this forum the warning always as warning to both.
I know I am not perfect on this forum, but i has become so sided against me in regards to how the threats of being kicked off are dished. I mean go look back at the things dusky has said to me(I dont care it doesn't bother me),but if it was reverse it would have been treated differently. I love this forum and don't want to be kicked its my ponly place to talk about the FAU football i love no matter silly some of you posters are:cool:
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

All I am saying is back up some of your claims with stats or comparisons
We agree on most, but just ranting ''we need more points'' doesn't bring anything to the argument or show your the football knowledge.
Anyone notice when i post i usually have some facts or an article with it.

I think our scheme on offense is fine  and I am not a fan of Roc's D, but it works at other schools IE Wisconsin, the fact is we don't execute and good coaches get guys to execute.

Also I do think it unfair when I have been insulted on this forum the warning always as warning to both.
I know I am not perfect on this forum, but i has become so sided against me in regards to how the threats of being kicked off are dished. I mean go look back at the things dusky has said to me(I dont care it doesn't bother me),but if it was reverse it would have been treated differently. I love this forum and don't want to be kicked its my ponly place to talk about the FAU football i love no matter silly some of you posters are:cool:
Posted On: Oct 27th 2016, 8:59 PM #361634

OC, no problem from me, we are all here to support our owls and debate or rant on the coaches. Wish they were getting it done and we were 5-2 and happy campers. But,,,,,,,, :Smug:

Anyhow - GO OWLS!!!!!

Back to the top

Well if yesterday's game doesn't force change, then it's clear the school has decided that they are just riding this season out.  In 2+ seasons, Partridge is now 7-25 and this year alone has suffered the worst loss in program history at KState and now the worst home loss ever…to a conference team, no less.  How is this acceptable?   I'm not one that has ever called for coaches to lose jobs, and I really believe that these guys are good people and all, but what are we doing here?  In the 3rd season of this regime, there has been zero progress anywhere on the field.  What is this team actually good at?  

Yes, as the coach pointed out, we have had a ton of OL injuries…OK..well then why is the defense so terrible??  It's not just because of youth.  Lots of teams have injuries and play young players and don't lose by 50 at home to a conference team.  

This team is now in its 5th year in the new stadium and we still can't build a fan base because the team is so bad.  This is on Chun and the coaching staff.  Time for something to change or we will continue to be the bottom feeders of college football.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Well if yesterday's game doesn't force change, then it's clear the school has decided that they are just riding this season out.  In 2+ seasons, Partridge is now 7-25 and this year alone has suffered the worst loss in program history at KState and now the worst home loss ever…to a conference team, no less.  How is this acceptable?   I'm not one that has ever called for coaches to lose jobs, and I really believe that these guys are good people and all, but what are we doing here?  In the 3rd season of this regime, there has been zero progress anywhere on the field.  What is this team actually good at?  

Yes, as the coach pointed out, we have had a ton of OL injuries…OK..well then why is the defense so terrible??  It's not just because of youth.  Lots of teams have injuries and play young players and don't lose by 50 at home to a conference team.  

This team is now in its 5th year in the new stadium and we still can't build a fan base because the team is so bad.  This is on Chun and the coaching staff.  Time for something to change or we will continue to be the bottom feeders of college football.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2016, 7:54 AM #361844

100% agreed here too!

If no change than just do the Idaho and drop back to FCS where we "might" be able to compete. We will then have the best stadium in FCS at least! We sure as HECK are not gonna get very good recruits to be Coached and play for this mess! Guys, remember when WKU was 0-12 six years ago. A total role reversal between us and we are in "talent rich" S. Florida!

Well if we have recruited talent, where is it and what has happened to it???????????? Which is the main reason Partridge was hired here, his strength as a recruiter right!

SAD AND PATHETIC EFFORT FROM EVERYONE. 3-52 AT HOME CUTS NOBODY ANY SLACK - NOBODY!
Back to the top

Chun needs to to be fired today! Begin the AD replacement search now so a competent new AD can do the needed firing and hiring as soon as possible.

I believe Charlie is working hard and doing his best to win but he is just not capable. There are only 128 FBS HCs, it is a job very few can succeed at. With no facts to support it, I believe that the team is not like family. Charlie has his "favorite" players and the rest of the team does not feel a part of.

What angers me is Chun has no loyalty to FAU and is ready to jump ship at the first opportunity. Even worse, he has no pride in his work. He tried to move to Illinois before the most visible part of his job, the football and basketball teams, were remotely competitive.

Chun has done a disservice to the athletes, students, alumni and fans of FAU. He could have hired Wright or (speculatively) Joe Moglia of Coastal Carolina. They both had a higher probability of success. Chun's ego drove the Charlie hire. Did Charlie tell Chun something like " I'll be your best friend and show you the secret beaches where the cool kids hang out"?

If Chun remains and fires Charlie, will his next HC hire be any better? We will have to live with that choice for a number of years.

Plan B would be to continue the losing ways. Become a team like the Cubs (until this year), perennial losers that it is hip to root for. At Owl Time, Mark could sell "Wait 'Til Next Year" signs for the first game of the season.
Back to the top

Jimi said

Chun needs to to be fired today! Begin the AD replacement search now so a competent new AD can do the needed firing and hiring as soon as possible.

I believe Charlie is working hard and doing his best to win but he is just not capable. There are only 128 FBS HCs, it is a job very few can succeed at. With no facts to support it, I believe that the team is not like family. Charlie has his "favorite" players and the rest of the team does not feel a part of.

What angers me is Chun has no loyalty to FAU and is ready to jump ship at the first opportunity. Even worse, he has no pride in his work. He tried to move to Illinois before the most visible part of his job, the football and basketball teams, were remotely competitive.

Chun has done a disservice to the athletes, students, alumni and fans of FAU. He could have hired Wright or (speculatively) Joe Moglia of Coastal Carolina. They both had a higher probability of success. Chun's ego drove the Charlie hire. Did Charlie tell Chun something like " I'll be your best friend and show you the secret beaches where the cool kids hang out"?

If Chun remains and fires Charlie, will his next HC hire be any better? We will have to live with that choice for a number of years.

Plan B would be to continue the losing ways. Become a team like the Cubs (until this year), perennial losers that it is hip to root for. At Owl Time, Mark could sell "Wait 'Til Next Year" signs for the first game of the season.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2016, 12:37 PM #361868

+10000

Chun is going to have to be removed first.  Charlie is not going anywhere until Chun is gone. And like it or not, unless a donor steps up Charlie will be here coaching this time next year. Another good point.  We do not want Chun involved with choosing our next football coach.  

I'm like you as I believe most all of us on here wanted Charlie to have success here but it just hasn't worked out so it is what it is now.  Unfortunately It's only going to get harder for Charlie on the recruiting trail as well now that he's a lame duck head coach. Opposing recruiters are going to be preaching this to all of our recruits.  
Back to the top

Other programs dont even have to preach the lame duck head coach thing…just simply "why would you go to a program where the coaches dont know how to develop your talent?"

At this point, its the truth and that simple.  Yesterday was like watching your brother get beat up and not being able to do anything about it.  Horrible feeling, never been ashamed of our program until now.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I wonder if Coach Mac knows anything about football? Hell, can't be any worse. Plus he's the only one who earns his keep (out of the big 3 sports) and deserves a pay raise.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Sadly, the title of this thread isn't even debatable. Even more sadly, it doesn't look like anything will be done about this mess for now. To come out after a bye week like that at your homecoming against a team in your conference is frankly outrageous – even by our extremely low standards.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Well if yesterday's game doesn't force change, then it's clear the school has decided that they are just riding this season out.  In 2+ seasons, Partridge is now 7-25 and this year alone has suffered the worst loss in program history at KState and now the worst home loss ever…to a conference team, no less.  How is this acceptable?   I'm not one that has ever called for coaches to lose jobs, and I really believe that these guys are good people and all, but what are we doing here?

Agreed, and I think your first statement also answers the last question.

Back to the top
Control functions: