Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 11-5-16

Add topic

Rick said

FINAL:

FIU 21 at WKU 49

Western's offense is ridiculous this year, wow.

And the Panthers (3-7) are officially not going bowling.

Posted On: Nov 5th 2016, 9:40 PM #362137

With a QB who could not cut it at USF and lost BAD to US while there. It is ALL about the Coaching and the "system" putting the players in a position to succeed!

Brohm does a great job and for our sake i hope he gets a better job - gonna be LOTS of good openings very soon if you look at how many Power 5 teams ARE NOT gonna even be Bowl eligible! Probably true of Skip Holtz too!
Back to the top

voss749 said

Rick said

FINAL:

Marshall 14 at Old Dominion 38

The Herd ain't Thundering right now.

Posted On: Nov 5th 2016, 10:06 PM #362141

Thundering Turd :Laughing:
Posted On: Nov 6th 2016, 9:30 AM #362149

And the Marshall people ARE NOT happy with him right now (imagine that!).

IF he is fired by Marshall, would FAU consider replacing CP with Doc?

Imagine what HE could do with a team here instead of in West Virginia? He still recruits BETTER than CP even up there.

I would grab him up in a sec.!
Back to the top

If I were the hiring guy, I would be all over Doc. FAU would be crazy not to offer him. But he is still a great coach and Marshall probably won't let him go because of this season.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

If I were the hiring guy, I would be all over Doc. FAU would be crazy not to offer him. But he is still a great coach and Marshall probably won't let him go because of this season.
Posted On: Nov 6th 2016, 2:23 PM #362167

Probably not bu the bad season IS NOT something they are used to up there, we shall se how they handle it. heck, WE should have beaten them! :Big-Grin:

On another coaching note;

Report: Ex-Miami, UNC coach Butch Davis frontrunner for FIU job – CollegeFootballTalk

We have heard this before but he is OBVIOUSLY not getting a Power 5 shot! I think this may happen this time as FIU is desperate and willing to  make changes too! Personally I don't want to see this! I would take Manny Diaz in a second over Butch though.
Back to the top

I wonder if their Board of Regents allows that hire…Garcia is out next year, do they let him hire one if his buddies who has a sketchy track record right before he goes? 
Back to the top

Good question.

Alternatively they could hire a search committee to submit candidates to them and approve of one of those.

The FIU fans are also pointing out on their forum that Davis would likely want improvements to the stadium, practice field, etc. He may be too pricey for them too.
Back to the top

FAU's Singletary Nabs Player of the Week Honors

A pair of players that turned in record-setting performances share the Conference USA Offensive Player of the Week honors. Florida Atlantic freshman RB Devin Singletary ran for a school-record 252 yards and three touchdowns in a win at Rice, while Louisiana Tech junior WR Carlos Henderson became the first FBS player this season to have multiple games with five touchdowns, catching four scores and running for another in a victory at North Texas.

The Defensive Player of the Week honor went to Charlotte senior DB Terrance Winchester, who had a pair of interceptions in the 49ers win at Southern Miss.

The Special Teams Player of the Week award was given to Charlotte sophomore WR Juwan Foggie, who pinned six punts inside the 20-yard line and aver 46.9 yards per boot at Southern Miss.

C-USA Football Players of the Week are voted on by a panel of the league’s media.
Back to the top

Back to the top
Control functions: