Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Old Dominion @ FAU Game Thread - November 12, 2016

Add topic

The Matchup: Old Dominion (7-3, 5-1) vs. FAU (3-7, 2-4)

When: Saturday, November 19th, 6:00 PM

Where: FAU Stadium

Weather: Current Conditions @ FAU Stadium

The Series: Each team has a win, a total of just five points separates the two contests (ODU 31-28, FAU 33-31).

Monarchs Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: None

Live Video: Campus Insiders (online)

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Stats: Here

Opening Line: FAU +7.5

Back to the top

If we play like we did last night without the turnovers we should be able to pull this one off.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU opens at +7.5, and that goes to 9 quickly.
Back to the top

This is going to be a tough matchup for us.  I would be suprised if we stay within 14.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Line backed off to 8…

I'm with Dusky, no turnovers, and stay successful on offense and we have a shot.
Back to the top

Old Dominion Head Coach Bobby Wilder’s Notables from Monday’s FAU Presser

On Florida Atlantic

"Speaking to our opponent this week, Florida Atlantic, they are 3-7 at this point, 1-4 in C-USA. Head coach Charlie Partridge and their staff have done a phenomenal job keeping this team together throughout the year. They have won their last two games. They beat Rice and they just beat a very good UTEP team at home. UTEP is a team that we beat on the road by 10 and they [FAU] came back to beat them in this football game in what was a very good game. They’ve really had some heartbreaking losses this year. When you look at the middle part of their schedule, they lost four straight games by a touchdown or less, and if they win those games, they are just like us 7-3, 4-1, so they’ve just lost some really heartbreaking games. One of them, the Charlotte game, they complete a Hail Mary pass, they think they win, they celebrate and then video overturns the result, which was the right call, but overturned it. That’s how heartbreaking their losses have been, to the point where they were celebrating for a couple minutes in a win.

Winning on the road in Conference USA is always a major challenge, so this will be too. This is a very good team. They’ve got really good players. They are sound schematically in all three phases. They run really good schemes with what they are doing. They are well-coached and for us we will need a great week of planning and preparation that started on Sunday with our coaches meeting and then carrying that in our practices throughout the week. Then go to Florida and hopefully execute that on Saturday night."

On Last Year's Loss to the Owls and Not Being Bowl Eligible as a Result

"It definitely set the tone for our offseason, when all of our players and coaches decided we were going to be accountable in the throughout offseason. We learned some lessons through spring ball that helped us with the 41 players that weren’t available for that first spring practice because they did not meet all of their goals in the offseason. Then we came out of that and went into the summer program and everybody met their goals and that was a real eye-opener for all of us. That all started with not being able to go to a bowl game and the motivation. Other than that, this team right now is of the mindset that it is so much about us and the areas we need to improve and each week the opponent is a new challenge."

Back to the top

If we pull this one out, Charlie's job is safe for this upcoming year

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I predict a loss and a safe job.
Back to the top

If Charlie was going to go, he'd be gone by now. I'm with y'all, that is a no brainer.

When it comes to us having a chance, we're going to need to force some turnover, as well as play mistake free ball on offense. That includes no penalties like a false-start on 3rd & short, and as mentioned before, no turnovers.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU is wearing blue for the first time this season. Blue helmet, jersey, and pants. ODU is in a beautiful half matte navy blue helmet with silver chrome logo, white jersey, and navy blue pants. Lots of blue tonight.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: