Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Butch Davis to FIU with Five Year Deal

Add topic

owlcountry40 said

walty12 said

Lets start with this…

CAN WE GET SOMEBODY on THE FAU STAFF THAT CAN SELL THE STADIUM NAMING RIGHTS!!!  PLEASE!  

Our stadium has been open for 5 years and this STILL hasn't been done.  Folks, this isn't a bad economy.  And dont tell me the center of Boca Raton isn't a highly visable spot.  Schools like Troy, MTSU, Arky State, etc ALL have sold thiers.

This kills me.  This should be an EASY additional $500-$700k per year added to our budget.  

Posted On: Nov 18th 2016, 8:26 AM #362538
So I found out it's not on FAU to sell the naming rights.
Leerfeild sports owns the rights its complicated, but from what I understand its not fully in our hands.

Posted On: Nov 18th 2016, 8:38 AM #362539

Why isn't the stadium named Leerfield Stadium?  :Thinking:
Back to the top

FAU is heavily involved as the owner of the rights, as they solicited my company actively and we were in talks for about six months. No one from Leerfield was involved whatsoever.

Leerfield is a hired hand that has rights to solicit in tandem with multiple FAU staff members and are technically a stakeholder with finders fees should they land a deal and signage oversight. When it finally happens they will also charged with executing the agreement reached from an operational standpoint as well.
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU is heavily involved as the owner of the rights, as they solicited my company actively and we were in talks for about six months. No one from Leerfield was involved whatsoever.

Leerfield is a hired hand that has rights to solicit in tandem with multiple FAU staff members and are technically a stakeholder with finders fees should they land a deal and signage oversight. When it finally happens they will also charged with executing the agreement reached from an operational standpoint as well.
Posted On: Nov 18th 2016, 1:26 PM #362546

So, let me get this straight. FAU is paying Leerfield ("a hired hand") and still there are no naming rights. FAU is actively losing money by potentially paying, or maybe paying already, something to Leerfield for apparently doing nothing. The ridiculous nature of things. And God forbid that Cantonese bought a Corvette with university funds.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Economy and market attraction deficit? 
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Rick said

Posted On: Nov 18th 2016, 1:26 PM #362546

So, let me get this straight. FAU is paying Leerfield ("a hired hand") and still there are no naming rights. FAU is actively losing money by potentially paying, or maybe paying already, something to Leerfield for apparently doing nothing. The ridiculous nature of things. And God forbid that Cantonese bought a Corvette with university funds.

GO OWLS!!!

Posted On: Nov 18th 2016, 9:59 PM #362549
No they pay us.
Leerfeild owns our advertisement rights. They pay us x amount of dollars and any ad they sell they keep the money.
Leerfeild probely is loosing money in us, but they own the rights for a bunch of school and they basically don't need all those school to be profitable. All they need is a couple schools every year value to sky rocket where the amount they pay is well below what the school could earn from ad's. How they fit in the stadium exactly I don't know? It's a bit confusing, but that's what I understand.
Back to the top
Control functions: