Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Old Dominion @ FAU Game Thread - November 12, 2016

Add topic

owl alum 2011 said

fauowls44 said

owl alum 2011 said

I was an FAU student athlete.  (not football)   I understand the frustration of certain fans on this forum.  Please realize your negativity toward the program, coaches and administration does not help the program.  Prospective recruits and their parents read these forums to see what kind of support their son or daughter will have from fans and students if they chose to attend FAU.  Many past athletes have noted that there is a cruel group of vocal fans who are genuinely mean to players and coaches when things are going bad.  A few years back, FAU actually lost a couple recruits because of the cruel remarks made by people on these forums about some players.

The administration is not going to make decisions based on comments on this site.  Therefore, clean it up if you care about our future.
Posted On: Nov 20th 2016, 8:07 PM #362666
Oh please.  If you are going to play college football, I think you have to realize that people are going to care about results.  When things go bad at every college, there will be vocal fans.  You don't think there are unhappy fans at Texas right now? I bet their message board  rants make the ones on here look tame.

And by the way, this isn't a case of "things going bad".  This is going on a decade of being bad.  I think fans that are buying tickets and donating money are understandably frustrated with the state of the program.

Posted On: Nov 20th 2016, 8:22 PM #362668
There were potential recruits parents sitting in the stands watching fans like you ridiculing the program and arguing (with abusive language) toward current parents.  Do you think that helps or hurts our program???
Posted On: Nov 20th 2016, 8:33 PM #362670

Haha.  I wasn't even able to attend the game.  I gave my season tickets away and had to watch it online. 

I don't condone anyone harassing anyone at the games, but I have zero problem with any fan voicing their displeasure with constant losing.  

As for whether this hurts or helps the program…it is not the fans job to recruit these players.  Perhaps if the coaches had the ability to put on a better product, the program would sell itself.   What do you think hurts the program more…a few rude fans or the recruit seeing 25000 empty seats at the games?
Believe me, I'd like nothing more for this not to be happening, but until something changes, it's not going to stop.  Fans will be fans and every school has fans that unfortunately take things a bit too far sometimes.

Back to the top

Rick said

1000% POSITIVE 44 was not in any groups displaying that behavior. Not going to out anyone but he has a past professional tenure at FAU as do I and while we both share a common thread in discontent about the way things have been for years regarding our two revenue programs neither of us have anything but well wishes towards both of them being highly successful.

There will always be armchair /drunken fans on forums who blow with the wind of success and anyone putting stock in their voice over a relationship enjoyed with a coach who controls the opportunity they are pursuing  and evaluating should have some sense about that very wish washy nature of Fandom when visiting a site that centers on it.

Big difference between an individual like that and someone who is looking rationaly at expected performance. 
Posted On: Nov 20th 2016, 10:35 PM #362673

Thanks Rick!  Agree 100%.  

Nobody would love this program to be run successfully more than me (well maybe you…).  I'd never do anything to hurt it.  That doesn't mean I can't state my opinion that we are headed in the wrong direction and something needs to change.
Back to the top

Whatever or whomever the administration IS listening to , in their decision making ,isn't working. Personally I use the blog to express my feelings and almost never show emotion in public. No yelling , cursing, etc. Everyone knows we suck. Stats don't lie. The coaches would be foolish to think they are not on a hot seat.
Back to the top

Man we should feel so bad, after all the money we spend between tickets, parking regular game day expenses, plus whatever donations people make we now must remain silent.

First college coaches should never receive pity ever ever ever.

For example I wanted to feel bad for a half a second for Charlie Strong the other day, but then I remembered his buy out was 19 million.

Coach Roc sat in an interview a few weeks and basically said it wasn't his fault for the poor D he  just blamed players for not executing his scheme that he said was fine.

Roc didn't even earn his position here! Dewitt had to be forced out so he could be handed the position.

FAU's total  D under Roc has been ranked 113th, 70th, 122th…pure garbage.
The worst part is I know our guys are talented we have seen the flashes on Young and Rose yet they are getting beat every week.

I have heard a couple times that Charlie plays favorites with certain players and I don't know that to be true, but if he fired Wright for underperforming and Roc's ranking are even worse and he isn't let go then I will have my answer if he play favorites or not.

Back to the top

Would NEVER argue with a parent or family member. Sadly, even last year at Charlotte (early last year!), THE PARENTS thought the coaching sucks!

And Rocs D is soft and sucks!Imagine if we did not have Trey out there! Ouch!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: