Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Why can't this be us?

Texas-San Antonio: UTSA is bowl eligible for the first time in program history after a defeating Charlotte 33-14. UTSA football has only been in existence since 2011. It spent a season as a member of the WAC before joining Conference USA in 2013. It went 7-5 in 2013, but wasn’t bowl eligible because of its provisional status in the conference. However, there’s nothing keeping the Roadrunners out of the postseason this year. The Roadrunners were 3-9 a year ago, but have thrived in coach Frank Wilson’s first season. So much so, the team carried him off the field after the game. UTSA finished second in C-USA’s West Division.

View image on Twitter View image on Twitter
 Follow
UTSA Football
Back to the top

Oh, I forgot, CP favors his friend over his team!

By the way CP, USTA had just TWO 3 star HS recruits this past year. TWO!

But SEVEN (7) JUCOS! Something to think about next time you lose TWO NFL caliber DT's! 77 points scored against ya yest. CP with almost 500 yards rushing. Coincidence - I THINK NOT!

UTSA 3-9 to 6-6 and going to a Bowl game with a first year HC.

FAU under CP = 3-9, 3-9, 3-9 (and a VERY BAD 3-9 at that!).
Back to the top

The crazy part about CP hiring friends is this...I watched this special on espn about Bret Bielima and they actually came down to boca to interview Charlie about him. Charlie talked about all the things he learned from Bret yada yada...them Brett talked about what he learned from other coaches and what stood out and one thing he pointed out was he learned from Barry Alvarez was to never hire friends as assistant coaches...
Back to the top

Here is a Coach who learned to change and adapt - and he was on the verge of being fired;

USF coach Willie Taggart savors record-setting resurgence - Orlando Sentinel

Again, why can't this be us!
Back to the top

If UTSA goes to a bowl they will take our record for youngest FBS team ever to go to a bowl game.

(Unless that was already broken… trying to think if anyone else did it first)
Back to the top
Control functions: