Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

Local Owl said

I would take any of those guys. We kind of need a "name " to combat Butch Davis. I think the FAU job should be an "in demand" job due to the condition of the team. Personally, I feel it is loaded with talent. And lots of good young guys red shirted. Even with the years of losing, the next guy is in a good position. Charlie left the team in great shape. Just need the guy that can win. I really like all three of these names.
Posted On: Dec 1st 2016, 4:07 PM #363338

I'm good with Leavitt (obviously) and Shannon (who I know some are a little down on but think he could thrive here given his SoFla/UM connections, HC and Gator experience) – not so much Cristobal.
Back to the top

Just a reminder. what we think about the coaching prospects has little to no relevance. Chun, Kelly and maybe another or others will decide on the next coach. some maybe very disappointed but the powers that be know all the info and will make a good decision.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Just a reminder. what we think about the coaching prospects has little to no relevance. Chun, Kelly and maybe another or others will decide on the next coach. some maybe very disappointed but the powers that be know all the info and will make a good decision.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 1:30 AM #363352

I'm not sold as the last 2 coaches (Wright not included) have been awful. Obviously, a different mix of administrators was involved with those hiring's. I'm thinking that's why they hired a 3rd party to handle the search and negotiations. This administration is not confident in the their ability to do it themselves.    
Back to the top

You made sense even if I dont necessarily agree.  We dont have an already built program , we have the tools and resources, and talent in place now to build a great program where we didnt have those things before.

One thing kelly might consider when he decides to replace Chun is to consider Charlie Partridge as an AD, hes a damn good recruiter and promoter even if hes not a great game day coach. He has fantastic people skills
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Haha, it also doesn't matter what our opinions are on recruiting, game plans, coordinators, etc.  But that is why we come to a message board, to give our nobody cares opinions….that's what a message board is.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I think Leavitt is perfect for us from these points.

1. He has Head Coaching experience from a school that he built from the ground up and had a lot of success with your 3 star and lower recruits.

2. Comes from the Bill Snyder coaching tree and has been in the NFL for several seasons. X's and O's are definitely there and that seemed to be lacking with Partridge from talking to players. 

3. His dismissal from USF will leave P5 programs hesitant to pull the trigger.

Bottom line, he's a hard nosed coach who has been there and done that at the helm of a school with similar talent and resources as FAU. He may be looking for something different at this stage of his career but I think FAU would have to be stupid to not go after him as a top tier candidate
Back to the top

Hoppy said

I think Leavitt is perfect for us from these points.

1. He has Head Coaching experience from a school that he built from the ground up and had a lot of success with your 3 star and lower recruits.

2. Comes from the Bill Snyder coaching tree and has been in the NFL for several seasons. X's and O's are definitely there and that seemed to be lacking with Partridge from talking to players. 

3. His dismissal from USF will leave P5 programs hesitant to pull the trigger.

Bottom line, he's a hard nosed coach who has been there and done that at the helm of a school with similar talent and resources as FAU. He may be looking for something different at this stage of his career but I think FAU would have to be stupid to not go after him as a top tier candidate
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 9:34 AM #363357

I such a Leavitt fan, everywhere he has coached they have won whether it's beating multiple top 25 teams at USF including a win over a top 15 Auburn team on the road and a WVU team that was a game away from the national title and killed OU in the fiesta bowl.
I mean look what he has done at CU with now the best D in the PAC 12 and top 10 in the country.
You can also throw in he was an assistant on a super bowl winning team.
He would be a slam dunk hire for FAU.
Back to the top

Lets be honest I know OC40 considers anything less than 10-11 win seasons to be reasons to fire someone
but most of us would be happy to have FAU in the 8-9 win range going to bowls most years and perhaps contesting for a conference championship every so often with a 9-11 win season.

Now a 12-0 season and a BCS bowl would be lovely but Im not holding my breath.
Back to the top

voss749 said

Lets be honest I know OC40 considers anything less than 10-11 win seasons to be reasons to fire someone
but most of us would be happy to have FAU in the 8-9 win range going to bowls most years and perhaps contesting for a conference championship every so often with a 9-11 win season.

Now a 12-0 season and a BCS bowl would be lovely but Im not holding my breath.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 10:44 AM #363359

I would have been thrilled with 8 this year and would have flown into whatever dump city our bowl game was in and partied there for like a week.

Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Just a reminder…the powers that be know all the info and will make a good decision.

Yeah how has that gone the last two head coach decisions?? 😄
Back to the top
Control functions: