Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

Hoppy said

I think Leavitt is perfect for us from these points.

1. He has Head Coaching experience from a school that he built from the ground up and had a lot of success with your 3 star and lower recruits.

2. Comes from the Bill Snyder coaching tree and has been in the NFL for several seasons. X's and O's are definitely there and that seemed to be lacking with Partridge from talking to players.

3. His dismissal from USF will leave P5 programs hesitant to pull the trigger.

Bottom line, he's a hard nosed coach who has been there and done that at the helm of a school with similar talent and resources as FAU. He may be looking for something different at this stage of his career but I think FAU would have to be stupid to not go after him as a top tier candidate

Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 9:34 AM #363357

He is basically in the same boat as Butch was.  Dismissed for questionable reasons, bigger programs don't feel the need to take the "risk," and therefore that leaves them in coaching purgatory unless a smaller program steps up.

As UCF discovered, if you hire one of these guys once they are 60, there is very little chance they leave.
Back to the top

JulesFIU07 said

Hoppy said

1. He has Head Coaching experience from a school that he built from the ground up and had a lot of success with your 3 star and lower recruits.

2. Comes from the Bill Snyder coaching tree and has been in the NFL for several seasons. X's and O's are definitely there and that seemed to be lacking with Partridge from talking to players.

Bottom line, he's a hard nosed coach who has been there and done that at the helm of a school with similar talent and resources as FAU. He may be looking for something different at this stage of his career but I think FAU would have to be stupid to not go after him as a top tier candidate

He is basically in the same boat as Butch was.  Dismissed for questionable reasons, bigger programs don't feel the need to take the "risk," and therefore that leaves them in coaching purgatory unless a smaller program steps up.

As UCF discovered, if you hire one of these guys once they are 60, there is very little chance they leave.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 12:30 PM #363362

And then they get statues built of them haha
Back to the top

JulesFIU07 said

Hoppy said

Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 12:30 PM #363362

Leavitt has been coaching the entire time and Butch has been doing TV the last 8 years.
Back to the top

OC40, he hasn't been a head coach, and the truth is he should have been offered a gig by now.

As for Butch not coaching, he was a coach in all but name at TB for Schiano.  He structured it the way he did so he could continue to collect money from UNC.
Back to the top

JulesFIU07 said

OC40, he hasn't been a head coach, and the truth is he should have been offered a gig by now.

As for Butch not coaching, he was a coach in all but name at TB for Schiano.  He structured it the way he did so he could continue to collect money from UNC.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 1:47 PM #363365

Who should have been offered a gig by now, Leavitt?  If that's what you are referencing I disagree.  Considering they made such a big deal out of why he was fired he needed to go away quietly, take some time off, and then take a coordinator position and blow the doors off of it, which he did.

Your second statement regarding Butch is so far out there.  Why would anyone risk their career letting someone else steer the ship so they can collect money from another employer?  Are you going to tell us next that Butch gave Schiano a piece of the action from UNC also?
Back to the top

sigep77 said

JulesFIU07 said

Who should have been offered a gig by now, Leavitt?  If that's what you are referencing I disagree.  Considering they made such a big deal out of why he was fired he needed to go away quietly, take some time off, and then take a coordinator position and blow the doors off of it, which he did.

Your second statement regarding Butch is so far out there.  Why would anyone risk their career letting someone else steer the ship so they can collect money from another employer?  Are you going to tell us next that Butch gave Schiano a piece of the action from UNC also?
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 2:22 PM #363366

He was a special advisor for the Bucs when Schiano was the Bucs HC.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

sigep77 said

JulesFIU07 said

He was a special advisor for the Bucs when Schiano was the Bucs HC.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 2:24 PM #363367

That may be so, but that doesn't explain away that ridiculous statement made by the kitty cat fan.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

JulesFIU07 said

I believe you misunderstand my statement.  I didn't say he was head coach in all but name only, I said he was a coach in all but name only.  He was assisting Schiano, which is what Leavitt was doing as a LB coach and coordinator.  More likely than he worked with other coaches on evaluating personnel and breaking down tape, but by not interacting directly with players was able to have a coaching "firewall."
Back to the top

Rick said

illinoisowl said

Just a reminder…the powers that be know all the info and will make a good decision.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 1:30 AM #363352

Yeah how has that gone the last two head coach decisions?? 😄
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 11:52 AM #363361

Find me a university that hasn't had to fire a bad coach.  :Winking:
Pelini wasn't fired for his coaching. Partridge's resume looked good. Everything pointed to a successful HC. Everyone one this board was excited and thought things were going to be great. But that happens. Look at Oklahoma and Howard Schnellenberger. Who knew?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Rick said

illinoisowl said

Just a reminder…the powers that be know all the info and will make a good decision.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 1:30 AM #363352

Yeah how has that gone the last two head coach decisions?? 😄
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 11:52 AM #363361

Find me a university that hasn't had to fire a bad coach.  :Winking:
Pelini wasn't fired for his coaching. Partridge's resume looked good. Everything pointed to a successful HC. Everyone one this board was excited and thought things were going to be great. But that happens. Look at Oklahoma and Howard Schnellenberger. Who knew?
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 3:02 PM #363370

I hear you, but actually, our poll showed most people were  skeptical/undecided on Partridge…me included:

POLL: What Do You Think of the Charlie Partridge Hire? - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top
Control functions: