Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

JulesFIU07 said

OC40, he hasn't been a head coach, and the truth is he should have been offered a gig by now.

As for Butch not coaching, he was a coach in all but name at TB for Schiano.  He structured it the way he did so he could continue to collect money from UNC.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 1:47 PM #363365
Just Leavitt is the DC at school playing in the PAC 12 championship game and you are going try and tell me because Butch had some calls with Schiano during bombing at Tampa it's the same.

Butch hasn't been a successful football coach since before 9/11……..
Back to the top

I hear you, but actually, our poll showed most people were  skeptical/undecided on partridge…me included:

POLL: What Do You Think of the Charlie Partridge Hire? - FAU Owl's Nest

Hopefully with optimistic skepticism. I think two big factors that got Partridge hired was he knows Florida recruiting and I believe he was going to be there a while, maybe at least until his kids were grown.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I just had a HORRIFIC thought.

What if Butch Davis snapped up Charlie for his staff as a Defensive guy?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

illinoisowl said

I hear you, but actually, our poll showed most people were  skeptical/undecided on partridge…me included:

POLL: What Do You Think of the Charlie Partridge Hire? - FAU Owl's Nest

Hopefully with optimistic skepticism. I think two big factors that got Partridge hired was he knows Florida recruiting and I believe he was going to be there a while, maybe at least until his kids were grown.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 3:26 PM #363374

If he had won at least 5 games this season he would probably still be here.

Back to the top

OwlFamily said

Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 4:13 PM #363375

Or just to recruit….was thinking richt hiring partridge as a recruiter at UM would be a great move for them too, in both cases that would hurt us
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

JulesFIU07 said

OC40, he hasn't been a head coach, and the truth is he should have been offered a gig by now.

As for Butch not coaching, he was a coach in all but name at TB for Schiano.  He structured it the way he did so he could continue to collect money from UNC.
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 1:47 PM #363365
Just Leavitt is the DC at school playing in the PAC 12 championship game and you are going try and tell me because Butch had some calls with Schiano during bombing at Tampa it's the same.

Butch hasn't been a successful football coach since before 9/11……..

Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 3:07 PM #363373

Oh, I didn't realize that 2010 was before 9/11, thank you for the lesson in chronology.
Back to the top

OwlBroker said

OwlFamily said

Or just to recruit….was thinking richt hiring partridge as a recruiter at UM would be a great move for them too, in both cases that would hurt us
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 4:26 PM #363377

Charlie can get far more than FIU could offer from a power 5 team.  My bet is that there was something to that Rutgers report but one of the sides didn't want it public yet.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

My bet is that there was something to that Rutgers report but one of the sides didn't want it public yet.  
Posted On: Dec 2nd 2016, 5:48 PM #363380

Could be something to it. Could be like a lot of the media rumors. Because the HC and Charlie are friends, went to the same college (Drake) and both were GAs together at times in their career. Both have been at Wisconsin and Arkansas with Bielema, etc. Lot's of reasons for people to speculate, and could end up being true.
Back to the top

OwlFamily said

If that is the case, our offense will have a field day if I know anything about Charlie ran defenses.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

OwlFamily said

Did you see our defensive?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: