Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Blinn College 6-5 300 lb OL Hanner Shipley Commits to FAU's Soar 17

Add topic

Blinn College 6-5 300 lb OL Hanner Shipley Commits to FAU's Soar 17

Hanner Shipley
OL
6-5, 300 lbs
Marble Falls, TX
Blinn College

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3861585/hanner-shipley

Offered by the Owls on November 3rd, and committed on December 3rd. Ranked as a three star prospect by 247, Scout and ESPN before originally signing with LSU, where he was slotted as a tight end before leaving after becoming unhappy with the environment. Utilized more as a blocker during high school but was able to haul in four receptions for 78 yards and one touchdown as a senior. Rated as high as the No. 42 tight end in the nation at that time. Earned an invitation to the Offense Defense All-American Bowl in Orlando, Fl.

Back to the top

Welcome Hanner - glad you chose to be an Owl!

Very good size and I see from the film played LT there. Being a former TE guess that means you have good footwork and length. Oh, and that Tackle eligible option is in the books for ya too! :cool:
Back to the top

Nice. We need to build our O Line. This is a great start. Who wouldn't choose Boce over Miss and Nevada. Welcome.
Back to the top

He is the 1st cousin of the Shipley brothers (Jordan & Jaxson) who played for the Texas Longhorns. Jordan also played in the NFL for 3 seasons after being drafted by the Bengals in 2010.
Back to the top

fauowl said

He is the 1st cousin of the Shipley brothers (Jordan & Jaxson) who played for the Texas Longhorns. Jordan also played in the NFL for 3 seasons after being drafted by the Bengals in 2010.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2016, 3:22 PM #363450

Cool, nice background. All I know is I liked how he handled himself, leverage, direction, finishing blocks (aka knocking the other guy on his but_!

Looked pretty darn good to me, love his size and looked like a VERY COMPETITIVE TYPE OF PLAYER (AKA MEAN STREAK!). AND FROM A VERY GOOD JUCO LEAGUE TOO!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

fauowl said

Cool, nice background. All I know is I liked how he handled himself, leverage, direction, finishing blocks (aka knocking the other guy on his but_!

Looked pretty darn good to me, love his size and looked like a VERY COMPETITIVE TYPE OF PLAYER (AKA MEAN STREAK!). AND FROM A VERY GOOD JUCO LEAGUE TOO!
Posted On: Dec 4th 2016, 8:18 PM #363461

6'5 300lbs Slab of meat for the front line! Awesome!
Back to the top

Gone, should have known since eh never put us as a school on his twitter…

Back to the top

voss749 said

GeorgiaOwl said

fauowl said

Posted On: Dec 4th 2016, 8:18 PM #363461

6'5 300lbs Slab of meat for the front line! Awesome!
Posted On: Dec 5th 2016, 11:08 AM #363464

This dude already decommited. Going to La Tech according to his twitter.
Back to the top

Makes sense.

None of these guys may be here in a couple months.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Makes sense.

None of these guys may be here in a couple months.
Posted On: Dec 11th 2016, 5:11 PM #364195

Doesn't make sense to me. He committed last week when we had the same situation.  
Back to the top
Control functions: