Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

fauowls44 said

Tommy Tuberville is resigning at Cincinnati today.  I wonder if he'd be interested in this job.  He's obviously got a ton of experience and he did coach at Miami, although that was in the 90s.  Probably a long shot, but I'd look into it.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2016, 11:37 AM #363442

I hope not.  My son is a big Cincy Bearcats fan and says he thinks Tuberville is kind of a jerk with the fans. He liked him when he first went there because he had a name, but he very quickly changed his mind. He is very happy today he is leaving.  He said he likes to go for it on 4th when you shouldn't be going for it, and has game clock management issues.

My bigger concern is will Cincy throw a wrench into our search and steal someone we want. If we have a target, let's lock it in.
Back to the top

fauowl said

fauowls44 said

Tommy Tuberville is resigning at Cincinnati today.  I wonder if he'd be interested in this job.  He's obviously got a ton of experience and he did coach at Miami, although that was in the 90s.  Probably a long shot, but I'd look into it.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2016, 11:37 AM #363442

I hope not.  My son is a big Cincy Bearcats fan and says he thinks Tuberville is kind of a jerk with the fans. He liked him when he first went there because he had a name, but he very quickly changed his mind. He is very happy today he is leaving.  He said he likes to go for it on 4th when you shouldn't be going for it, and has game clock management issues.

My bigger concern is will Cincy throw a wrench into our search and steal someone we want. If we have a target, let's lock it in.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2016, 1:10 PM #363448

Cincy has a much bigger budget than FAU. Not likely that we are targeting the same coaches just for that reason. I doubt Cincy is looking for coaches with a price tag of less than $1million per year. They are probably in the $2million plus range.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

But the experience was at a non-scholarship FCS conference and now a division II school. Not like hiring from a power program in the FCS. 

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2016, 10:32 PM #363435

You mean like Joe Moglia from Coastal Carolina?

Back to the top

Jeff Brohm hired at Purdue…hopefully it slows WKU down a bit :)

He wasn't on our radar but man, I sure hope we have our guy locked up in the next 2/3 days, we're lagging.

I was thinking this over the weekend as well, that La Tech v WKU game was a little too much for even me to handle. Does no one play defense in our league? it was like a flag football game out there.
I'd love a guy to come in here and turn us into an ears pinned back, mean as hell defensive squad. yeah it's great if we can put up points but I'd enjoy even more beating the daylights out of a team that's used to scoring 50.
Back to the top

voss749 said

You mean like Joe Moglia from Coastal Carolina?

Posted On: Dec 5th 2016, 11:14 AM #363465

I would be okay with a HC from a program like that. Still not my preference.
Back to the top

teambeer said

He wasn't on our radar but man, I sure hope we have our guy locked up in the next 2/3 days, we're lagging.

I was thinking this over the weekend as well, that La Tech v WKU game was a little too much for even me to handle. Does no one play defense in our league? it was like a flag football game out there.
I'd love a guy to come in here and turn us into an ears pinned back, mean as hell defensive squad. yeah it's great if we can put up points but I'd enjoy even more beating the daylights out of a team that's used to scoring 50.

Posted On: Dec 5th 2016, 11:23 AM #363466

I hate watching bad D it's why I always want defensive minded coach who is actually good.

Coaches who can run a spread an put up 30 a game are a dim a dozen in 2016

Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

teambeer said

I hate watching bad D it's why I always want defensive minded coach who is actually good.

Posted On: Dec 5th 2016, 11:34 AM #363468

I went to the SEC championship game. Good defense is fun to watch.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Jeff Brohm hired at Purdue…

Why do coaches go on record stating something is a rumor, then turn around and do that very thing!

LOL
Back to the top

Rick said

teambeer said

Jeff Brohm hired at Purdue…

Why do coaches go on record stating something is a rumor, then turn around and do that very thing!

LOL
Posted On: Dec 5th 2016, 11:51 AM #363472

Just like tom herman… "What do you tell the fans, the players about your Hire at Texas" … TH: "There's nothing to talk about, it's all a rumor, now we have to focus on the game".

Also, is it Breaking News that a TH got hired by Texas after sports outlet (ESPN) spent 2 weeks covering "the speculation" lol
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Posted On: Dec 5th 2016, 11:34 AM #363468

Spread coaches who put up 30 a game ARE a dime dozen BUT

WKU didnt put up 30 a game they put up 45-60 points a game against everyone in the C-USA.

I had someone on this board say "no thanks" to Tony Levine who was Co-OC at WKU plus he had two winning seasons as head coach of Houston. He was canned despite winning 8 and 7 games as a head coach at the AAC level.

I know Houston has much higher expectations than a head coach of FAU.

Tony Levine is one of the likely contenders for the WKU head coaching job, along with Troy head coach Neal Brown who got Troy their first ever top 25 ranking.

We could do a lot worse than getting the runner up between those two.
Back to the top
Control functions: