Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Partridge Out

The BAD news is today is the first day of the 'contact' period for recruiting. bad timing for recruiting. I bet Jared is on the phone right now and has been all day on this, keeping our current commits in line!
Back to the top

The other problem I see with potential HC hires form Ohio St. and Clemson is again timing, both teams in line for the playoffs in mid January, do their schools release them or even allow outsiders to talk with them? If not, we need someone hired here within two weeks IMHO for hiring a staff and recruiting purposes.

Get 'er done Dr. Kelly and Mr. Chun!
Back to the top

Quick, we need a banner plane over Dr. Kelley's house saying "Make FAU Great Again - Fire Chun"
Back to the top

The paper says if Charlie gets another job his payout drops to 200K

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

The paper says if Charlie gets another job his payout drops to 200K
Posted On: Nov 28th 2016, 6:17 PM #363220

We posted the contract a while back…20 weeks at 10K per week.

You can see the contract here:

Charlie Partridge - NCAA D1 Football Coaching Contract - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The BAD news is today is the first day of the 'contact' period for recruiting. bad timing for recruiting. I bet Jared is on the phone right now and has been all day on this, keeping our current commits in line!
Posted On: Nov 27th 2016, 2:20 PM #363093

One (Boucher) decommitted and one is taking a USF visit. Haven't heard otherwise. There will be fall-off. Sure different people here have "must keep" recruits from our list - for instance, our 4-star linebacker.
Back to the top

So I just found this site when I checking to see if there were any other FAU sources of news that I had missed, and found this onion-style FAU news site. It gave me a chuckle, especially the part about Chun.

Charlie Partridge Takes New Job at Waste Management, Finally Works with Literal Garbage - The Hoot
Back to the top

Hahaha.  That site is funny.  A new way to kill time for me
Back to the top

Theoretically (and I know this won't happen but humor me) what would happen to Partridge's compensation if he stayed on as a recruiting coordinator for FAU?
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Theoretically (and I know this won't happen but humor me) what would happen to Partridge's compensation if he stayed on as a recruiting coordinator for FAU?
Posted On: Dec 20th 2016, 9:16 AM #364982

Theoretically?

We would continue to pay $500 k that we don't have. However, he would be doing the same thing: recruiting at a marginal level and knowing nothing about the Xs & Os part of football. 
Back to the top
Control functions: