Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2016 Boca Raton Bowl

Add topic

Announced today, participants will be the Memphis Tigers vs the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers.

Would have been nice to have the Owls playing in a bowl game in front of the home crowd, but onto how things shook out.

MEMPHIS TO TAKE ON WESTERN KENTUCKY IN THE 2016 BOCA RATON BOWL – Boca Raton Bowl

Anyone attending?  Last years game was a great match up that was affected by the rain.
Back to the top

I will buy tickets. If I don't attend, one of my friends will benefit. Nice match up.
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Would have been nice to have the Owls playing in a bowl game in front of the home crowd, but onto how things shook out.

MEMPHIS TO TAKE ON WESTERN KENTUCKY IN THE 2016 BOCA RATON BOWL – Boca Raton Bowl

Anyone attending?  Last years game was a great match up that was affected by the rain.
Posted On: Dec 4th 2016, 6:29 PM #363454

The Owls probably won't ever be attending the Boca Raton Bowl by design.  The Boca Bowl game (and most Bowl Games) are about generating tourism dollars.  They want people coming to town and buying hotel rooms and going to restaurants and spending lots of money.  The Owls don't bring that to the party.

I will be attending, I go every year just to have fun. It's nice to go and not really care who wins.
Back to the top

3 for 3 in great match-up being a non Power 5 bowl game. Saw a ranking of all 40 and Boca Bowl was No. 9, just behind the 6 BigBoy Bowls!

And god luck to WMU, carry the flag for the Group of 5 well guys, show 'em what you can do! Penn St. showed how to beat 'em - THROW IT and you have the best WR in college football!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Saw a ranking of all 40 and Boca Bowl was No. 9, just behind the 6 BigBoy Bowls!

haha really? Based on what?

Back to the top

Then #9 bowl ranking shouldn't come as a surprise.  Last year Yahoo Sports ranked the Boca Bowl as #10.
Back to the top

The boca bowl is in a great location very good team selection and a very nice stadium.

Im hoping long term boca bowl is always C-USA vs AAC and the bowl prize can increase.

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Saw a ranking of all 40 and Boca Bowl was No. 9, just behind the 6 BigBoy Bowls!

haha really? Based on what?

Posted On: Dec 6th 2016, 2:33 AM #363493

The potential of a great match-up of two exciting teams with excellent records! Getting great reviews on ALL bowl match-up sites/articles again, just like the first 2 years!
Back to the top

Don't get me wrong… I love that we have a bowl game and a successful one at that.

CBS ranks it #18 out of 40
Washington Post is #10
Yahoo has it #9

I just thought it was interesting to be ranked as a Top 10 bowl game considering the conferences involved and the payout ($400,000).

Most of the descriptions talk about it as an offensive showdown. So it's the matchup, not the location and facilities, getting it that ranking.
Back to the top

Whoa, the New Orleans bowl pays more - $500k!

Bahamas pays $450k.

And the Miami Beach Bowl pays a cool $1M.

Wow.
Back to the top
Control functions: