Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UPDATED: "Schmidt Family Complex for Academic and Athletic Excellence"

OwlBroker said

USMCOWL said

quick question? I heard the BOT nominated a architect to build the new center? Did President Kelly sign off on the recommendation?
Posted On: Nov 15th 2016, 8:57 AM #362484
I believe we chose the same group that did the stadium
Posted On: Nov 15th 2016, 8:59 AM #362486

Correct. We awarded the work to HKS on November 1st.

Whether Kelly signed off on it yet, I don't know, but I imagine he will approve it.
Back to the top

i am seeing stuff floating around that groundbreaking is taking place january 20th? Is that that confirmed?
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

i am seeing stuff floating around that groundbreaking is taking place january 20th? Is that that confirmed?
Posted On: Nov 21st 2016, 9:02 AM #362686

Nothing has been made official by FAU yet, but yes that is the date they are planning on right now.
Back to the top

Rick said

USMCOWL said

Nothing has been made official by FAU yet, but yes that is the date they are planning on right now.
Posted On: Nov 21st 2016, 9:21 AM #362689

Which is just before signing day, correct?
Back to the top

Rick said

USMCOWL said

Posted On: Nov 21st 2016, 9:21 AM #362689

Thanks Rick. I am waiting to see if that is firm because if it is, i will take the day off from home depot and head on down.
Back to the top

Just checked fau website. They have moved on to trying select a construction manager for the new center.
Back to the top

If they are hiring a construction manager that means they have a shovel ready project.
Back to the top

shortlist is out on construction managers for the complex. meeting to select one is the day of the Boca Raton Bowl.
Back to the top

I hate it when they say the center will break ground in 37 days. You can't give me a hard date so I can be there. lol
Back to the top

FAU has selected DPR Construction out of West Palm Beach to be the construction manager for the new center. Sun Sentinel has ground breaking date scheduled for January 20th. I plan on attending.

FAU selects construction firm for Schmidt Complex; groundbreaking next - Sun Sentinel
Back to the top
Control functions: