Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

Just sayin' he was on the hot seat BIG TIME after his first two years at USF. He then fired BOTH co-ordinators changing his bland pure running style of O (WE BEAT HIM 3 of 4 time guys!) and D!

USF went 2-10, then 4-8 AND started year 3 1-4, you think we were hard on CP - nothing compared to the USF fans screaming for his head. Then it kicked in. From year 2 to year 3 season comparisons; O 17.2 ppg to 33.6 ppg (MORE THAN DOUBLED) and D from 27.0 ppg to 22.9 ppg.

I credit him for changing but if he were good he would not be 1-3 vs. FAU through our troubled BAD era IMHO!

But congrats to him and we shall see how it works for him at Oregon. I were them I would have taker Brohm over him in a heartbeat. But for some reason Brohm is at Purdue (bottom of the Big14!).
Back to the top

Great to see Coach Trickett on the road working to make FAU football better. The best advice I can give all the coaches, do your job and take responsibility. Can not control the next HC or his/her plans. ( How's that for a twist. What if we hired a female coach )
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Can not control the next HC or his/her plans. ( How's that for a twist. What if we hired a female coach )
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 6:09 AM #363604

⬆⬆⬆ The moment you run out of rational ideas and you start sounding crazy. Lol

I think this topic has dragged on for way too long. We need a new HC and we need him now.
Back to the top

2 more jobs filled today.  Nevada hired ASU assistant Jay Norvell and Houston is hiring Lane Kiffin.  

That leaves us, WKU, USF, Cincy, Temple, and Georgia State still searching.  Hopefully this gets done in the next couple of days.
Back to the top

Slow to act, now look at the job market, USF, Cincy, Temple are all better jobs than what we have to offer…USF is basically our job on steroids, so anyone that we might have been able to stretch to get, would also be a consideration for them.

I've heard good things about Larry Scott from my Miami friends but it would be a seriously underwhelming hire. Be better than that President Kelly.
Back to the top

teambeer said

Slow to act, now look at the job market, USF, Cincy, Temple are all better jobs than what we have to offer…USF is basically our job on steroids, so anyone that we might have been able to stretch to get, would also be a consideration for them.

I've heard good things about Larry Scott from my Miami friends but it would be a seriously underwhelming hire. Be better than that President Kelly.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 8:20 AM #363610

I don't think the speed of the search is really an issue here.  USF and Temple are already paying over $1 million a year.  Cincy was at over $2 million.  We were never searching at that level, so I doubt timing is playing any sort of role.  There are plenty of good candidates out there.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

teambeer said

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 8:20 AM #363610

I don't think the speed of the search is really an issue here.  USF and Temple are already paying over $1 million a year.  Cincy was at over $2 million.  We were never searching at that level, so I doubt timing is playing any sort of role.  There are plenty of good candidates out there.  
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 8:30 AM #363612

There are candidates.  I think the bigger issue is whoever we get will need some time to put a game plan together to get assistants and for recruiting next month.  Not sure how long that takes, but other schools aren't wasting time.

Back to the top

The best reason to hire someone quickly is to give the coach this weekend to recruit before the dead period.  That is apparently why Houston is pushing to get a hire done today.  
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Also, from coachingsearch.com:

"South Florida: USF’s top candidates include Cowboys special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia, Florida State wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey, Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin, former LSU head coach Les Miles, Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano and former Texas head coach Charlie Strong, according to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy. "

At least we're not competing for the same pool of coaches. Strong, Miles, Schiano, Kiffin, etc. All apparently interested in the job. We just can't decide which FCS coach to hire lol.

Just throwing a name out there, that can recruit Sofla, knows FAU, is currently a head coach, and knows CHun and the current staff – Roger Harriott.
Posted On: Dec 7th 2016, 4:20 PM #363587

Talk about a journalist throwing sh*t against the wall in hopes of being right.  I'd love, LOVE, for us to hire Lane Kiffin but Houston beat us to the punch.
Back to the top

sigep77 said

David Slavic said

Also, from coachingsearch.com:

"South Florida: USF’s top candidates include Cowboys special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia, Florida State wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey, Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin, former LSU head coach Les Miles, Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano and former Texas head coach Charlie Strong, according to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy. "

At least we're not competing for the same pool of coaches. Strong, Miles, Schiano, Kiffin, etc. All apparently interested in the job. We just can't decide which FCS coach to hire lol.

Just throwing a name out there, that can recruit Sofla, knows FAU, is currently a head coach, and knows CHun and the current staff – Roger Harriott.
Posted On: Dec 7th 2016, 4:20 PM #363587

Talk about a journalist throwing sh*t against the wall in hopes of being right.  I'd love, LOVE, for us to hire Lane Kiffin but Houston beat us to the punch.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 9:37 AM #363618

Brett Mcmurphy is actually pretty locked into the USF program. He used to be the writer for college football for the Tampa Bay Times before moving onto ESPN. He is the one who broke news on Taggart going to Oregon.

I think the main reason there isn't much news going around FAU's coaching search is because the two people who cover the program, and neither of them of have actual sources who give any accurate info to them. It is all speculation. We know as much the Sun Sentinel and the other website.

Back to the top
Control functions: