Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

DeltAlumnus said

sigep77 said

David Slavic said

Also, from coachingsearch.com:

"South Florida: USF’s top candidates include Cowboys special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia, Florida State wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey, Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin, former LSU head coach Les Miles, Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano and former Texas head coach Charlie Strong, according to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy. "

At least we're not competing for the same pool of coaches. Strong, Miles, Schiano, Kiffin, etc. All apparently interested in the job. We just can't decide which FCS coach to hire lol.

Just throwing a name out there, that can recruit Sofla, knows FAU, is currently a head coach, and knows CHun and the current staff – Roger Harriott.
Posted On: Dec 7th 2016, 4:20 PM #363587

Talk about a journalist throwing sh*t against the wall in hopes of being right.  I'd love, LOVE, for us to hire Lane Kiffin but Houston beat us to the punch.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 9:37 AM #363618

Brett Mcmurphy is actually pretty locked into the USF program. He used to be the writer for college football for the Tampa Bay Times before moving onto ESPN. He is the one who broke news on Taggart going to Oregon.

I think the main reason there isn't much news going around FAU's coaching search is because the two people who cover the program, and neither of them of have actual sources who give any accurate info to them. It is all speculation. We know as much the Sun Sentinel and the other website.

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 10:22 AM #363620

Yea Defranks is new and the other guy is just guessing.
There Larry Scott rumor was broke by the TBtimes.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

sigep77 said

David Slavic said

Also, from coachingsearch.com:

"South Florida: USF’s top candidates include Cowboys special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia, Florida State wide receivers coach Lawrence Dawsey, Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin, former LSU head coach Les Miles, Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano and former Texas head coach Charlie Strong, according to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy. "

At least we're not competing for the same pool of coaches. Strong, Miles, Schiano, Kiffin, etc. All apparently interested in the job. We just can't decide which FCS coach to hire lol.

Just throwing a name out there, that can recruit Sofla, knows FAU, is currently a head coach, and knows CHun and the current staff – Roger Harriott.
Posted On: Dec 7th 2016, 4:20 PM #363587

Talk about a journalist throwing sh*t against the wall in hopes of being right.  I'd love, LOVE, for us to hire Lane Kiffin but Houston beat us to the punch.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 9:37 AM #363618

Brett Mcmurphy is actually pretty locked into the USF program. He used to be the writer for college football for the Tampa Bay Times before moving onto ESPN. He is the one who broke news on Taggart going to Oregon.

I think the main reason there isn't much news going around FAU's coaching search is because the two people who cover the program, and neither of them of have actual sources who give any accurate info to them. It is all speculation. We know as much the Sun Sentinel and the other website.

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 10:22 AM #363620

I just realized that I misread the school.  I'm peeking in between meeting sessions and skimmed it.
Back to the top

While Roger Harriott is nowhere in the cards, we are not getting Lane Kiffin, Strong, or Miles or Schiano.

Remember not all FCS coaches are created equal.

Joe Moglia at coastal carolina was a finalist against Pelini but was picked up by Coastal Carolina and has taken them to 2 conference championships and into the sun belt next year.

Back to the top

roscoeowl said

Joe Moglia

Coastal Carolina Head Coach.  

Retired businessman.  Has had tremendous success in business and building the program at Coastal. Was interested in the position before.  His passion is in coaching, his players respect him and enjoy playing for him.  Also,  If he had success and we kept him happy he'd prob be less likely to bolt for the first other offer thrown at him.

The problem with all the younger coaches/coordinators is they're just going to use us as a stepping stone in their personal careers.  I hope we go after someone that sincerely is in it for long term not just to build their resume.  Someone like Joe Maglia isn't necessarily in it for the money or his reume, he's been there done that.  He's in it to win at football and teach young men to be successful.  

Plus he can already afford the real estate in Boca. Lol.  
Posted On: Nov 27th 2016, 1:30 PM #363077

Coastal Carolina is a good school but its a future sun belt school whos ultimate goal is the sun belt and probably the lower end of the sun belt at that. Whatever success CC has at fbs football  is entirely because of him.

FAU can offer him a bigger stadium, long term employment at probably 4 times the pay and more money to hire assistants if he can put us in bowl games on a regular basis and a nice play to retire to.

Back to the top

Joe Moglia is 67 if he was here for 8-10 years he would be retiring not leaving for a higher school.
Back to the top

Check this out! I decided to make my dream coaching team:

HC: Les Miles/Charlie Strong (If Lane was still in the market, he'd be my top pick)
OC: Larry Scott
DC: Randy Shannon

We would be recruiting gods in Florida.

I think this here would guarantee us a C-USA championship bid in the next 2 years, and probably cotton bowl in 3-4 years.  :Smug:  :Smug:  :Smug:

Back to the top

What is our budget for a head coach?
Back to the top

Island_Owl88 said

HC: Les Miles/Charlie Strong (If Lane was still in the market, he'd be my top pick)

I think this here would guarantee us a C-USA championship bid in the next 2 years, and probably cotton bowl in 3-4 years.  :Smug:  :Smug:  :Smug:

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 12:06 PM #363632

Lane would have been my first phone call. Not exactly sure why Chun keeps calling Jim Tressel and guys at OSU for advice. He's an adult, he ought to know who the good coaches are, and how to get them. He's had this job for a while now, and needs to stop running back to his old home.

Granted, Kiffin was making $1.4M at Bama, so will probably be around $2 at Houston. But I'd still make the call.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Island_Owl88 said

I think this here would guarantee us a C-USA championship bid in the next 2 years, and probably cotton bowl in 3-4 years.      

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 12:06 PM #363632
Lane would have been my first phone call. Not exactly sure why Chun keeps calling Jim Tressel and guys at OSU for advice. He's an adult, he ought to know who the good coaches are, and how to get them. He's had this job for a while now, and needs to stop running back to his old home.

Granted, Kiffin was making $1.4M at Bama, so will probably be around $2 at Houston. But I'd still make the call.

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 4:00 PM #363636

Cite where he's running to Ohio for advice? 
Back to the top

If he is calling OSU, we just beat them in basketball, so they probably aren't picking up.
Back to the top
Control functions: