Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

Sources said

David Slavic said

Island_Owl88 said

Check this out! I decided to make my dream coaching team:

HC: Les Miles/Charlie Strong (If Lane was still in the market, he'd be my top pick)
OC: Larry Scott
DC: Randy Shannon

We would be recruiting gods in Florida.

I think this here would guarantee us a C-USA championship bid in the next 2 years, and probably cotton bowl in 3-4 years.      

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 12:06 PM #363632
Lane would have been my first phone call. Not exactly sure why Chun keeps calling Jim Tressel and guys at OSU for advice. He's an adult, he ought to know who the good coaches are, and how to get them. He's had this job for a while now, and needs to stop running back to his old home.

Granted, Kiffin was making $1.4M at Bama, so will probably be around $2 at Houston. But I'd still make the call.

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 4:00 PM #363636

Cite where he's running to Ohio for advice? 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 4:03 PM #363638
 you're new here aren't you 

FAU AD on search: 'I engage Urban Meyer and Jim Tressel for advice'
Back to the top

Sources said

David Slavic said

Island_Owl88 said

HC: Les Miles/Charlie Strong (If Lane was still in the market, he'd be my top pick)

I think this here would guarantee us a C-USA championship bid in the next 2 years, and probably cotton bowl in 3-4 years.      

Lane would have been my first phone call. Not exactly sure why Chun keeps calling Jim Tressel and guys at OSU for advice. He's an adult, he ought to know who the good coaches are, and how to get them. He's had this job for a while now, and needs to stop running back to his old home.

Granted, Kiffin was making $1.4M at Bama, so will probably be around $2 at Houston. But I'd still make the call.

Here you go Mr. Chun!

"Before coming to FAU in 2012, Chun spent 15 years at Ohio State. Three years ago, he consulted with Urban Meyer on the coaching search, and Chun admitted he’ll continue to consult with the Buckeyes brass. But he says they don't just push OSU assistants for the job.

“It always (plays a role), because the people I trust the most in this business are people I worked with,” Chun said. “I have engaged Urban Meyer for his advice. I have engaged Jim Tressel for his advice. I have engaged Gene Smith for his advice. That’s a part of who I am, and those are people I trust.

“They’re three people more worried about me being employed and putting food on the table for my family, as opposed to pushing along a personal agenda. It does come into play, because those are people I trust.”"

Also, based on your previous hire, many of us here on the forum would probably make better coaches than the ones you're looking at right now, just in case you want to talk to some of us.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Scott Jackson (2) said

Sources said

David Slavic said

Island_Owl88 said

you're new here aren't you 

FAU AD on search: 'I engage Urban Meyer and Jim Tressel for advice'
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 4:26 PM #363642

Ahhhh you beat me….
Back to the top

Sources? Pat? Is this you? Don't answer yes. Just put a big smiley face on if it is. This way , no will will know.
Back to the top

USF negotiating with Strong….

That took all of 24 hours…..
Back to the top

I saw tommy tuberville mention interest in the FAU job but his OC's when his teams were good were Eddie Gran and Neal Brown.

Why not just hire eddie gran or neal brown…doh.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Sources? Pat? Is this you? Don't answer yes. Just put a big smiley face on if it is. This way , no will will know.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 4:47 PM #363649

Nah. Chun's not trying to hide it. IIRC he mentioned it on the Evan Cohen interview.
Back to the top

I don't care if we hire Betty Crocker, if she can get us to a Bowl game.
Back to the top

She's gonna be the only candidate left at this rate
Back to the top
Control functions: