Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

Applewhite not hired as HC at Houston and has a suit vs. Texas so he won't be following Herman there….

I would love Strong to USF and Major here!

Just saw Ga. St hired South Carolina OL coach….did they learn nothing from us?

Other names to consider; Petrino from Idaho or Brown from Troy - both in our budget and have winning programs as HC's.
Back to the top

Seeing on twitter (Bruce Feldman) where Larry Scott is now rumored to be a solid candidate for the job. I think this would be a very risky hire especially for Pat Chun considering he has made the wrong selection once already. Larry's a good recruiter and did a decent job as interim coach at Miami by uniting the team after Golden was fired but seemed to struggle with game adjustments.  The teams record improved while he was interim coach but that is not unusual if you look at other recent examples with interim coaches (teams just seem to play harder after a HC is fired).  Can't believe that he would be seriously considered when Mario Cristobal (who already showed he could turn around FIU) is available.
Back to the top

I saw that too.  It's a weirdly worded tweet.  What exactly does "solid candidate"?  We know he interviewed.  Is he saying he'd be a solid choice?  He's certainly not calling him the front runner.   We have no idea who else has interviewed.

That was the 2nd small piece of FAU coaching search news.  The other was that Tuberville has let it be known he'd be interested.  He wouldn't be my first choice, but also a lot more interesting than Scott.

I'm not saying Scott would be a bad choice (I've seen a few USF fans in particular that want him to be considered for their opening), but I don't think you fire Partridge (and potentially pay him $1 million) to  hire someone with only 6 games of experience above position coach.  I have to think we are aiming a bit higher, experience-wise.
Back to the top

I also saw that Tuberville has reached out to FAU and the first thought is: why?

Yes he had a down year at Cincinnati. But he was given an extension to 2019. They pay more, better resources, better conference.

Does he just want to "retire" in Florida?

Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

I also saw that Tuberville has reached out to FAU and the first thought is: why?

Yes he had a down year at Cincinnati. But he was given an extension to 2019. They pay more, better resources, better conference.

Does he just want to "retire" in Florida?

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 10:01 PM #363667

Why?  Because they fired him and he wants a job most likely…
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 10:11 PM #363669

Says he resigned…
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

fauowls44 said

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 10:11 PM #363669

Says he resigned…
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 10:19 PM #363671

Maybe technically, but it wasn't his choice.
Back to the top

Saw this on Twitter and I dont think it could be more accurate.

Butch Davis at #FIU , Charlie Strong to #USF , Mark Richt at #Miami , #FAU better get this right.....

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

OwlFamily said

Butch Davis at #FIU , Charlie Strong to #USF , Mark Richt at #Miami , #FAU better get this right.....
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 7:49 AM #363678

So true!   They have to get this right!
Back to the top

Larry Scott would be okay if the climate of F

OwlFamily said

Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 7:49 AM #363678

Exactly.  We need a coach with a name.  Let the coordinators be the up and comers.
Back to the top
Control functions: