Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coaching Search 2016

David Slavic said

OwlFamily said

fauowls44 said

He makes $1.4 million per season at Alabama.  Are you taking a pay cut of half your salary to go work somewhere else?
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 10:31 AM #363732

if you want to run your own show then yes. If thats not critical then no.

Money is important, but its not everything. I passed up a good chunk of change in my orginzation cause it would of taken me away from my family. It all depends on where your passion and heart lies.

Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 10:36 AM #363734

Well Chun said we were going to open up and pay. FAU has got a lot of talent, a good stadium, plans for an indoor facility. I think Kiffin wants to run his own program more than he wants money. I went to Bama, so I know how much he makes, and I was at the SEC championship the other day, so I know how good his offense is. If we pay 1.2M, with no state income tax, and a boat load of talent, in a conference that he could win next year, I think he'd consider it.
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 10:40 AM #363736

But the problem is not just the new coach's salary.  A coach at that level is going to need lot's more money for the coordinators and staff as well so it's just not his salary we have to bump up. It could be another mil on top of that.  Not saying it can't happen, just saying there is a lot of financial commitment to consider outside the HC when you get up in that level.  

Since I am not the guy paying for it, I can understand why it takes some time to make sure we have the financial commitment in place.
Back to the top

I think Jovan Dewitt would make a better head coach than Larry Scott.
Back to the top

voss749 said

Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 11:01 AM #363748

Based on?  I mean, sure, you could be right (I have no idea), but I haven't seen anyone interviewing Dewitt for head coaching jobs.  Scott was 4-2 as a HC, albeit in a very small sample size. I'm not saying I want Scott to get the job (we don't even know the other candidates at this point), just wondering what your opinion is based on.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

voss749 said

Based on?  I mean, sure, you could be right (I have no idea), but I haven't seen anyone interviewing Dewitt for head coaching jobs.  Scott was 4-2 as a HC, albeit in a very small sample size. I'm not saying I want Scott to get the job (we don't even know the other candidates at this point), just wondering what your opinion is based on.
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 11:10 AM #363750

We don't even know for sure is Scott is a serious candidate. No one actually has sources who covers the team. Everything is pure speculation.

I think that is part of the reason why everyone is worrying because we don't even have names. . The other site is just throwing out names, and Chuck has no idea what he is talking about. The Sun Sentinel guy is new to the program, and hasn't developed any relationships.

I mean look Larry Scott name came from the beat reporter from the tampa bay times who covers USF.
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

fauowls44 said

voss749 said

Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 11:10 AM #363750

We don't even know for sure is Scott is a serious candidate. No one actually has sources who covers the team. Everything is pure speculation.

I think that is part of the reason why everyone is worrying because we don't even have names. . is just throwing out names, and Chuck has no idea what he is talking about. The Sun Sentinel guy is new to the program, and hasn't developed any relationships.

I mean look Larry Scott name came from the beat reporter from the tampa bay times who covers USF.

Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 11:16 AM #363752

Right.  We are only throwing Scott's name around because he's the only one that we know has interviewed for the job.
Back to the top

Bilo College Football Report: As the Coaching Carousel Turns: 12/7/16 Edition

From a few days ago. This needs to get put in motion. I am not a fan of Larry Scott being the guy 
Back to the top

Who all is left still that have been names mentioned as interviewing places? 

Les Miles
Lane Kiffin
Lincoln Riley 
Neal Brown
Greg Schiano 
Joe Moorhead 

Then you have
Randy Shannon
tommy tubberville
Mario cristobal
Larry Scott

Anyone want to add to current FBS coach options  

Back to the top

Listen, I'd hire Lane Kiffin as HC, but Kendall Briles as OC. That guy is working at the school that fired his dad, and probably could use a fresh start, and has had one of the most explosive offenses the last two years.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Listen, I'd hire Lane Kiffin as HC, but Kendall Briles as OC. That guy is working at the school that fired his dad, and probably could use a fresh start, and has had one of the most explosive offenses the last two years.
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 1:05 PM #363760

I would imagine kiffin is calling the plays wherever he ends up as a HC
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

I would imagine kiffin is calling the plays wherever he ends up as a HC
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 1:07 PM #363762

I wouldn't mind that at all.
Back to the top
Control functions: