Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another 4-star RB to transfer to FAU?

Per a tweet from Gainesville Sun's Graham Hall - who covers the Gators - 4-star RB Jordan Cronkrite may be looking to transfer to FAU after having been granted his release from UF.

Apparently ex-FAU commit Jordan Scarlett leads a crowded backfield over there and Cronkrite saw his carries drop. He has two years of eligibility left.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Per a tweet from Gainesville Sun's Graham Hall - who covers the Gators - 4-star RB Jordan Cronkrite may be looking to transfer to FAU after having been granted his release from UF.

Apparently ex-FAU commit Jordan Scarlett leads a crowded backfield over there and Cronkrite saw his carries drop. He has two years of eligibility left.
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 10:26 PM #363673

As someone I respect well who covers recruiting said about this how would he be interested in coming here when we don't have a coach yet? 
Back to the top

I thought the same but figured it was a location thing… getting back to South Florida.

Then again he's from Dade… maybe Graham meant FIU
Back to the top

Nice as a 4-star transfer would be, we don't have a need there at RB.

Already have Motor, Buddy, Kerrith and 4-star Turman as a transfer from UGA.

4 star any other position would be WONDERFUL (OL or DL preferably!).
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Owl2Doc said

Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 10:26 PM #363673

As someone I respect well who covers recruiting said about this how would he be interested in coming here when we don't have a coach yet? 
Posted On: Dec 8th 2016, 10:30 PM #363674

I don't know if I mentioned that I went to the SEC championship game, but I did, and Scarlett took some serious hits. He had to have felt pretty bad on Sunday morning.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Nice as a 4-star transfer would be, we don't have a need there at RB.

Already have Motor, Buddy, Kerrith and 4-star Turman as a transfer from UGA.

4 star any other position would be WONDERFUL (OL or DL preferably!).
Posted On: Dec 9th 2016, 3:37 PM #363769

Now that we know Alabama's OC Lane Kiffin is our new Head Coach… (AMAZING NEWS)

I'd say snagging 4-star RB Jordan Cronkrite from UF would be sick!

I hope he's serious - why not have a stable full of Alfred Morris NFL-type RB corp?

We'd be RB U!  Motor, Kerrith and Buddy are awesome!
But, a guy that had offers from Alabama, Miami FL, FSU, Texas… yes, please!

Jordan Cronkrite Recruit Interests

Great to have backup - we saw this season what can happen when injuries decimate positions with our lines.

But, yes, I agree Coach Kiffin REALLY needs to focus on (possibly Juco) OL and DL for the possibility of more injuries at least.  Football's a rough sport.  Need backups
Back to the top

The biggest difference in going from the FCS level to playing in conferences like C-USA is a little bit of size/strength and more often a lot more speed (and the fact that there are 22 more scholarships at FBS).  The difference in C-USA and a G5 conference is generally depth more than talent.  The difference going from any of those to P5 is always depth - the 2nd and 3rd stringers are often not even a drop-off for an Alabama, while the drop-off as you go down the pecking order (P5-> G5 -> C-USA -> FCS) becomes exponentially greater.  My point is the more 3 and 4-star guys you have on a roster, the better off you are at finding places for them to play and handling injuries, conditioning, etc.  Never have been a huge fan of "stars" for a recruit equating to how good they eventually turn out, but clearly the more good athletes you have the better.
Back to the top

FutureOwlDad said

…(P5-> G5 -> C-USA -> FCS) becomes exponentially greater….
Posted On: Dec 13th 2016, 12:01 PM #364522

C-USA is in the G5…
Back to the top

He missed C-USA being G5, but the point is good - always stockpile players whenever possible (and at whatever position they might play). IMHO depth is the difference in being a competitive team versus being a winning team at the college level. Subbing out through a game with relatively comparable players helps you be in position to win the 4th quarter and/or overcome injuries.  
Back to the top

Agree good point just want to make sure we are represented in the right slot :) 
Back to the top
Control functions: